View Single Post
Old 01-03-2011, 07:12 AM   #6
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
What did he say? Mortal? That is ridiculous! That is absurd! Nothing like that can exist... actually, it is us that should not exist, we should be eternal, not merely existing for a measurable amount of time... but looks like we are existing now! If he had said the truth! That is ridiculous! That is absurd! I mean, imagine, even what I have just said, the truth - the truth is eternal, what he had said is therefore eternal, the truth about us is eternal, but we are not? How can that make any sense? Oh unfathomable depths of the ocean, where unseen forms of many creatures appear, will I ever see you again? Ai, ai, iä, iä, oh Outer Seas in the quiet darkness of Eä, shall I ever lay my eyes upon you? My dearest companions of old, my elder friends of the deep and dark waters, shall I ever return to you... and even if so, what fate awaits me? How much I now recall thine words: "That is not dead which can eternal lie..." But they are no comfort of me now anymore! In the strange aeons of Time, even we might die!

But is there anything more that we can do than to do what now Melkor had told us about, to look for his servants among us? We die regardless, yet I cling to life! If for but one more day.

[/in-character]
That said, I do not know how much active I shall be this Day. I will definitely post at least once something of substance before I vote, but between being busy with other RL things, including a several-hour long journey on a plane, I cannot promise any high activity. However, from next Day on, if I am still alive by then, my schedule should be completely normal and I should be posting normally.

Until then... I don't have anything special to say, other than I would like to encourage everybody to start in their second or at most third post posting already game-relevant stuff, if they don't do it earlier (I think most people will like to have at least one post for some in-character or random banter stuff, but let's not prolongate it too much).
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote