View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 02:59 PM   #470
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
A Look at the Triple Trouble from Day2

The whole thing seems to have started with Boro and especially Legate's (#124) vote analyses. Legate suggests a Hui-Lottie duo, or a Pitch-Hui duo, and calls Boro's vote for Lottie "throwaway".

Huinesoron agreed with Legate about the Form kill.

Boro suspected Legate for focusing on Hui and me on his vote analysis while conveniently ignoring himself and Morsul.

Hui didn't think a wolf-Lottie would have thought innocent-Boro a seer.

Boro did a conspiracy theory post about Legate and Huin being packmates, saying "Huey's driving and getting the suspicions stirring against innocent people. Legate is narrowing in on Huey + 1 other, to softly suspect Huey and fall back on as a wolf-on-wolf vote, but trying to put the attention on the other person (Greenie Day 1 and now Lommy today)."

Right after, Hui attacked Boro, for misrepresenting both the information available to the dead thread, and misrepresenting Legate's vote analysis.

In his list post, Legate was suspicious of Huin, even though not particularly strongly. (Btw Legate, I remember you replied to me saying "you were supposed to be pro-Huinesoron!" after you voted for him that you were never pro-Huinesoron, and I can see that now. My apologies! Not sure it's a point in your favour given Huin was innocent, but at least it makes your voting more consistent than I thought it was.) He also says "I am becoming increasingly unclear, if not suspicious about what Boro is up to, because while yesterDay I overall leaned towards trusting what he was doing, toDay I am increasingly dubious about what his role in everything is. It may be influenced partly by his throwaway vote yesterDay and lastly the conspiracy theory post - I cannot tell whether that is supposed to be a mental exercise or whether he is subtly trying to cast suspicion around." and joins Huin in refuting Boro's interpretation of his (=Legate's) vote analysis. Apparently cross-posted with Huin and lauded him for thinking along similar lines.

Boro replied to Huin's defense of Legate with suspicion of Huin. However concludes with "I think Legate looks the worst out of the two (him and Huey). So, it's not out of the realm of possibility that Legate would simply attach himself to an innocent Huey to keep a smaller list of suspects." Boro also later continued by elaborating on his suspicions of Legate's vote analysis.

Boro was worried about his own tunnel vision on Legate, and noting it had elicited replies only from Legate and Huin.

In his list, Huinesoron suspected Boro and was undecided about Legate.

Legate continued arguing with Boro whether his vote analysis makes sense or not.

Huin voted for Boro.

Legate mentioned both Boro and Pitch as his vote options.

Boro defended his suspicions of Legate to Huin.

Boro then said "Legate's response does give me a slight bit of caution and glad I decided to step back. I do find his analysis still suspicious, but these are good points to my belaboring the point throughout the day [quotes Legate]". In the same post, he focuses the attack on Huin.

Huin kept arguing with Boro after his bedtime.

Legate clarified his suspicion of Huin to Pitch that he felt better about Huin but he was overall still suspicious.

Boro questioned Huin's suspicion phrasings (sorry for a bad summary, the post is #182) and voted for Huin, casting the first vote.

Legate was unsure what to think of Boro backing of him, and felt like Boro and Hui's mutual votes were a call to action for him to pick a side. He said he was more likely to vote for Boro out of the two.

Boro replied to my yelling about their triangle drama "I don't think I've erred today. If I have then may death reveal my true heart."

Legate backtracked a little on saying he preferred to vote Boro over Hui, however I'm not sure why.

Boro defended his vote for Hui while stating to Legate he was still suspicious of him too.

Legate voted for Huinesoron, saying "Okay, I think I am simply lacking the attention span to do anything more than vote. I will just go with Hui. Let's hope that if he dies, it will help untangle several questions." His vote was the fourth, sealing Huin's fate, but he likely thought it was only the third, because he xed with yours truly.

Legate still defended himself against me exclaiming he was supposed to be pro-Huinesoron, saying he'd suspected him from Day1.

After Huinesoron had got 6 votes, Boro posted the infamous one-liner "See what I mean Legate, how the 1st vote can start a bandwagon?" to which Legate replied "What's this, some sort of flaunting, when it even was not a point I disagreed on?"

Legate also commented "Last moments are making me brutally doubt Boro and what all this was about." which is interesting, because didn't he doubt Boro the whole Day?

Boro's last post for the Day was: "No I mean how I'm very nervous that everyone after me voted for Huey, after everyone kept saying it wasn't a "likely possibility." So, in my opinion either Huey is a wolf and his 2 mates bussed him. Or I'm suddenly fearing that he is as he says, just an ordo, and all these Huey votes at the end (Lommy, Legate, Pitch, Lottie) that 3 of you are wolves." Which just rubs me the wrong way for multiple reasons, because obviously he was disregarding the possibility that even if Huin was innocent, wolves could have voted for someone else too (and lo! you know who did? Our known wolf Sally.) Furthermore he absolutely fails at taking any responsibility for his own vote and - yes I will say it - scheming.

Okay. This didn't clarify very much. I think it could be two innocents butting heads (statistically rather unlikely at this point), a wolf targeting an innocent (but who is the monster and who is the maaaaaan? /end Disney reference), or hell, even wolf-on-wolf.

Boro and Legate: would you care, once again, to clearly state why on earth didn't you follow through with your main suspicions (each other) but instead went for your secondary suspicion (Huin)?

I mean, if I had conspiracy corner with Lommy, I would say wolf-Boro and wolf-Legate decided to go all loud wolf-on-wolf on Day2, knowing their mate Sally would be under fire for the Form kill, hoping to give the village something else to talk to. Hence Boro's disappointed-sounding note that no one but Hui was paying attention. As it came time for voting, they both conveniently decided to got for innocent Hui who had gotten entangled in their argument as the third wheel.

UGH. I wish that had clarified something. I feel like I've been stuck in square one the whole Day. It's getting late again, and I'm still unsure who the heckle are the wolves.

Just saying I'm gonna x with everyone.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote