View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 12:48 PM   #454
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
I have spent a lot of time in this game writing post summaries and I don't have the time now since I want to look at all of Kath, Sally, Boro, and Legate, so you'll just have to bear with my impressions:

Kath

On Day1, possibly to avoid wolvish attention, Kath didn't single anyone out as particularly wolvish or innocent. She voted for Morsul. Day2 she heavily suspected Sally based on Form's death and voted for her, and she also suspected all of the Hui-Legate-Boro trio to a degree, but unlikely dreamed of any of them (especially unlikely in the case of Huin ). Defended Lottie. Conclusions? Sally and Lottie were likely seer dreams.

Day3 then? Speculates a Sally/Lommy/Pitch pack, also suspects Legate. Makes it clear that "sally I think is a wolf regardless of the other two" but otherwise making no clear ranking of suspiciousness between others. Ergo likely didn't dream of anyone else (and well, I can tell you with 100% certainty that she didn't dream of me, or she wouldn't have wasted her time suspecting me). Later voices more suspicion of Pitch based on his communication with Sally. Also looks at Morsul but doesn't conclude anything concrete about his guilt/innocence, so safe to say she didn't dream of him either. Says she's tempted to think Soriman is a wolf and says almost nothing at all about Boro; if we trust the dead, she cannot have dreamed of guilty!Sori and I think she'd have mentioned if she had serious reasons to believe Boro was guilty or innocent. So I'm a little swamped about dream #3, my guess is that she actually only dreamed of Sally AFTER suspecting her on Day2 to confirm/prove it, and one of her earlier dreams was someone who died (basically Greenie or Form). I guess it's also possible she dreamed of a Wolfwife on N3, but I'd think she'd have come out in that case. Also that doesn't really add up with the "sally is a wolf regardless" comment.

Sally

Day1 was her infamous quiet Day, and she did not vote. On Day2 she says she would vote for Lottie (for aggression) or Lommy (gut instinct), has no idea about Hui, Sori and Legate, and would not vote Boro, Pitch, Morsul, or Kath. Defended Pitch quite vocally by her standards (give that she was quite quiet in this game), and voted for Lottie. I do think wolf!Sally could defend Pitch regardless of his role - to buddy up with an innocent, but she could just as well defend a fellow openly and trust to get away with it.

Day3 has again more material, and it's here stuff gets more interesting. She refused to buy into the "one of Sally / Morsul / Pitch is guilty" theory as long as she could. Instead she kept saying Morsul is likely misguided innocent and didn't say anything about Pitch. Said she "would vote" Kath, Legate, Lommy or Sori, and "wouldn't vote" Boro, Morsul or Pitch. She tried to make a case against me, and agreed with Boro's point against Legate. Didn't really specify why she put anyone else in any particular category, if I'm correct. Then later in the day she seems to have flipped - perhaps after it started to look like a majority of the village was willing to vote for her, or maybe after enough people explained the dead thread message to her - and she amended that maybe Morsul or Pitch could be a wolf after all. Later she tried to fake she was the seer and she'd dreamed of innocent Boro and Morsul, and try to get the village vote for Kath with her. Says Pitch is more likely a wolf than Morsul. Says "Et tu, Boro?" when Boro votes for her.

Comments: A lot to unpack here, especially with the votes against her combined. Let me just comment individually how likely packmates I consider everyone for Sally, in the order which they voted for her:

#1 Morsul: was the first one to vote for Sally, right at the beginning of the Day, and kept pressing at her lynch throughout the Day. Sally kept defending him 'til the end. Now this would have been an insanely bold move from wolf Morsul. Remember, we know now Sally was lynched, but there was no way the wolves would have known she was doomed from the beginning of the Day. A sacrifice like Morsul's would have been an unnecessary prolonging of the game from their pov. I mean I guess it's possible the wolves thought Sally was toast and decided to bus her from the beginning of the Day, but I'd think they'd have preferred to have tried to win the game yesterDay. Sally's insistence in Morsul's innocence could have been to make herself look better (I don't think knee jerk suspicion of Morsul would have helped her case), or I guess more sinister if she didn't want to make Morsul another lynch option when the pack had already decided to bus her, not him.

#2 Kath

#3 Boro - now his and mine (#4) were the decisive ones. (Had voting for Sally stopped at 3 votes and someone else got 3 too, the outcome would have been up to the dead thread. So number #3 made sally an almost certain lynch candidate and #4 sealed it.) Normally, I would say that this would be a credit to Boro, but given that nobody except Pitchwife and myself to a lesser degree seemed to be considering sally's reveal could be genuine, bussing her at this point would have been a clever move for Wolfomir88. (Also, Boro didn't even consider Sally's reveal could have been genuine. Somewhat typical Boro-singlemindedness, or was he so sure she wasn't genuine because he knew?) Sally's continued trust in Boro makes me raise my eyebrows, but then again, "Et tu, Boro?" would be pretty bold against a fellow wolf. But then again, Sally is bold. Idk. To be honest, my feelings towards Boro in this game can be summed up in two words: intense paranoia, ok and also the following three: second-guessing everything.

#4 me

#5 Soriman, whom I'm not going to analyse

#6 Legate - a late vote that does him little credit. He'd have voted for Sally at this point regardless of his role. She threw him in her suspicious category earlier during Day3 but didn't contribute very much to making an actual case against him - this is another piece of non-information, if you ask me. I think the wolves would likely not have turned against each other in the first half of the day since they could still have won by lynching an innocent - but then again, putting him in a "suspicious" category but only proceeding to make one (1) unoriginal point against him would hardly make Legate more likely to get lynched.

#7 Pitchwife - as has been pointed out almost ad nauseam toDay, he looks the worst in conjuction with Sally. She considered him innocent earlier, on Day3 considered him innocent without drawing extra attention to him (she didn't claim to have "seer dreamed" of him unlike about Morsul and Boro, but she kept him safely in her innocent category without really saying anything to draw attention to him either before or after her reveal, except for a somewhat belated "ok if one of me, Morsul and Pitch is a wolf, it has to be Pitch", which is understandable, because she had just claimed she dreamed of innocent Morsul.) I still think the Pitch-Sally interaction is a little fishy, but as I said before, I can also sympathise with Pitch. I mean if you're an ordo, can you really rightaway disregard a seer reveal, however unlikely the source? Perhaps Pitch looks foul but feels fair. However, this game has proven that both my reason and my gut-feeling can be equally wrong, so I'm hesitating to draw any conclusions.

Ok leaving Legate and Boro for the next post, and focusing on that weird dance with Huin on D2 because I don't have the time to go through all their verbiose posts, and D1 I think is likely not that telling and D3 is in my fresh memory... then I'm also gonna look at wolf-packs. My current options are Morsul-Boro (who'd have decided to bus Sally), Legate-Pitch (would look maybe the most likely in regards to Sally I guess), or Legate-Boro (downright insane but absolutely actually quite plausible and also sounds like we would be done for). Individually I think Morsul looks the most innocent, but I'm on the fence about the other three.

But now, Legate just came home and we're gonna make dinner, so a little break from ww first. Wish us luck that we won't stab each other with kitchen knives, it's absolutely insane to be in the same apartment on a Day like this. (Don't play ww with your significant others, children, it might be detrimental to your relationship and/or mental health!)

Also I'm gonna cross-post with everyone because I've been writing this for almost two hours (jeez).
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote