View Single Post
Old 04-27-2021, 10:17 AM   #444
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitchwife View Post
The only way I would know she was lying - not believe, Boro, but know, a word you're playing much too fast-and-loose with! - would have been if I were
- either the real Seer
- or her packmate.
If she'd been for real, she might have saved the Day. I had to find out.
I do play with the word "know" too often, another one of my flaws. So, in fairness here is what I "know" about for certain...

The messages the dead received from "Iluvatar" were:

1. At least 1 wolf was in the people who received votes in Day 1. We have found one wolf in that group...sally.

This message cannot be used to clear Morsul or Pitch of being wolves. At the same time, this message can not be used to suspect them either. For as far as we know that information was accurate and fulfilled "at least one wolf in this group"

2. I still don't know what was in Form's second message, it looked like it had something to do with Lottie. From the look of Huey's messages today, it looks like this second message doesn't contain information that will help us today. Can you confirm this Huey? Does the 2nd message Form try to give us (Post #276) help us in narrowing down another wolf or innocent?

3. Soriman is a known innocent. This doesn't come from Kath's dreams, Huey wouldn't have information on who Kath has dreamed of. This appears to be the information, that was selected by sally, to give to the Dead thread. And Huey, confirmation if this is correct and "known" for certain?

4. There are 4 innocents remaining, 2 wolves. If I was assured my lynch wouldn't deliver victory for the wolves (That would make it 3-2, and then night kill 2-2. But how does the dead vote play into that scenario?)

5. I know I'm innocent...which I grant means nothing to any one who is an ordo like myself, but hopefully it scares the remaining wolves, because even an unconfirmed ordo-Boro can be a pain in their sides

To hopefully help get the trust of the fellow loyalists to my lords Barahir and Beren, as I said yesterday my steering days are over. And as I said today, it's not breaking news that I lay out plans, and bait, and traps. But today, those days are over for me too...with the loss of Lottie and Kath there's no point in trying to lay out cryptic messages that I intended to confuse the wolves with...which also does have a habit of catching some ordinary innocent along the way. Yes, I'm still saddened by my role in Huey's lynch. But for that, you see I take the blame for my part in it, but have others? Pitch? Lommy? Legate? You have blood on your hands as much as I do.

So here it all is, and may you all judge for yourself the truth of the matter.

Day 1 - I just like having fun and bantering with people. I hate voting on Day 1, but I love participating in them. I took something Pitch said about me as a seer hint:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch #54
I like Boro's reply to Lottie in #39. Actually make that 'I really like Boro so far, period'.
I went into Day 1 and the following night thinking Pitch was the seer, dreamed I was innocent, because I didn't think of any reason why 1 person would say something fairly definitive about me that early.

Day 2 - In my head still thinking Pitch is the seer and I was waiting for something more about Lottie. Under my assumption if Pitch was the seer, he might have followed up with trying to dream of Lottie, since he pointed out liking my Day 1 posts and questions.

So Day 2 I was planning on going full bore towards Lottie, if I got any hint that Pitch dreamed her role. That way I would hopefully be "protecting" who I believed to be the seer, but making it look like my Day 1 vote turned into a Night dream of a guilty Lottie.

But I saw no such hints that Pitch knew Lottie's role, so I scrapped that plan and went full out towards what looked like the most suspicious thing from Days 1 and 2. Legate's vote analysis. Unfortunately it just ended up pitting Huey and myself against each other and I did not see the error of my ways until after Huey's lynch.

Day 3 - Lottie was the ranger and now dead. Form delivers a message that at least one from Morsul, sally or Pitch is a wolf. So I'm questioning now..wait Boro, is Pitch the seer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me in #260
Pitch - because he cautioned me yesterday about who I was trusting, but he himself has seemed to be pretty trusting towards me
Pitch responds:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch in 282
You got it backwards. That was me cautioning myself against being too trusting towards you and sally.
So that pretty much settled it for me that he wasn't the seer. And now Pitch, this is why I suspect you for your part in sally's fake reveal yesterday.

I am no wolf, and not a betrayer. Something I am reminding myself, still being troubled by Huey's lynch, even though I plan to bait wolves, that can lead to catching unintended innocents. It is my flaw...just because in my head I thought Pitch was the seer, doesn't mean he intended to give me any such reason to believe it. Honestly, it's not quite adding up, because his response in 282 looks honest of "that wasn't for you at all. I was telling myself not to be too trusting of you and sally." Also, if Pitch was intending to look like the seer why would he press sally into trying to reveal it?

What say you Pitch? Now that you can see my thought process and judge for yourself the truth of it.