View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 03:28 PM   #62
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Okay, since before I did not have data on Form, apparently now he can get an entire post of his own...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
At the risk of posting again--this isn't failure to participate. I inevitably (LIKE THIS VERY POST) end up participating, but since the participation is all about how the participation doesn't register until after the day has produced results, I get unfairly dinged for saying things by people complaining that I DON'T say things, when other people actually lurk through the entire Day 1 (maybe not even voting). And, since I think it's bad to deliberately lurk--I'm caught between a rock and a hard place here, I know--I end up responding to the Day 1-talk provocation.
Well the avoidance sounds just like a) a bad strategy, b) irresponsible towards the village. And c), anyway - even bantery participation eventually reveals something. Because inevitably you end up talking about something actually relevant for the game, even if only briefly. So. But now since you spoke, you participated, so, problem solved.

Otherwise I think the lurking is a valid point (and some have mentioned it here before, too), but exactly - all that is cured only by everyone posting more. That being said,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formendacil View Post
Well, here were are again, then. Since it's human nature to always be fighting the last war (or last week's headlines), I suppose I am deeply suspicious of the lurkers and only mildly concerned about anyone who's posting. Perhaps I should take that mentality and say that I'll vote for whomever the most silent Day 1 person is.
Stating whom you vote and why (and doing it) is essentially the minimum one would ask. Not that I wouldn't think there may be better reasoning based on content rather than the absence of, but I actually think, of all things, voting for purposefully slipping under the radar is a sound basis for voting. Of course also a way to make a throwaway vote, but any vote can be throwaway - it only depends on the circumstances.

Anyway, generally this gives me a fairly good vibe about Form all in all.

EDIT: x-ed with Lommy, Morsul and Form
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote