View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 02:33 PM   #51
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lommy
I could see Pitch's somewhat contra-intuitive suggestion of a Legate-Huinesoron pack as a wolf tripping over his feet to fabricate a wolf pack accusation. Perhaps especially if one of Legate and Huinesoron was his packmate actually. Or maybe they're Plot Twist all wolves together?
I find the exchange between Lommy and Pitch interesting. Lommy makes a plausible argument against Pitch here (discounting the Plot Twist which, while hilarious if actually true, seems somewhat unlikely ). Meanwhile, Pitch explains himself as follows -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
I'm not quite sure what I'm saying. Something like, if a Legwolf thinks Huiwolf is behaving typically Huiwolvish he may want to pretend bad memory as an excuse for not picking it up. It's not an argument that they must be wolves together, but I think it would kind of make sense psychologically.
I do like the honesty here - even if it doesn't necessarily say anything about his alignment. What's more interesting is that in his next post, he switches his focus on to Lommy -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitch
Actually, mind you, I'm not convinced that either of Legate and Hui has to be a wolf. So far I'm more suspicious of Lommy because of #24:

[...]

So she suspects Hui because of bad vibes but not really, and Morsul for being touchy, a bit more really but then again... Seeing how Hui and Morsul suspecting each other had been most of the action so far, this feels to me much like a wolf thinking, "Hmm, either of these could become a promising bandwagon but let's not commit just yet."
Again, the point itself is reasonable enough (at least by Day 1 standards) but the timing is curious. He doesn't make an explicit link between Lommy suspecting him and himself then suspecting Lommy, and perhaps it's genuinely a coincidence; but all the same, it does look a lot like turning to suspect the person who suspects you without explicitly appearing to do so. This makes me feel more uneasy about Pitch, but says nothing of whether Lommy would then be an innocent bystander or a co-conspirator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
Greenie - mentions Hui seems ok and Legate tends to be more abrasive when innocent. Not sure if she's meaning he is abrasive at the moment and therefore innocent, or that if he was innocent she'd expect to see him act more abrasively (post 28).
This was badly phrased on my part. I meant the former - I think Legate has been his more abrasive self so far, which makes me lean rather innocent than not on him so far. In general, I really like what I've seen of Kath - she brings up several shrewd points about what's been going on. Especially the following two -
Quote:
Legate - not liking the way Hui is behaving but more concerned about Greenie following a similar line (post 16). I disagree about Greenie just following what Hui said, as Hui was pointing it out as suspicious, while Greenie seemed to be treating it as generic banter. Continues to focus on Greenie and Hui and wondering about Hui/Boro being wolf-mates for the back and forth. Why not Morsul/Hui for the same reason?
This is a valid point. As mentioned before, I'm getting a fairly innocent vibe of Legate so far, and the discrepancy Kath mentions here could easily be an innocent Legate who just didn't think there was a connection. But at the same time, if there is an actual argument as to why Hui/Boro looks like wolf-on-wolf but Hui/Morsul doesn't, I'd be curious to hear it.

As for the second important point Kath raises -
Quote:
I find Morsul's switch from Hui being least suspicious to potentially wolfy (post 19) more worrisome, particularly because the original statement of being least suspicious didn't seem to have any basis behind it.
This is an interesting catch, especially the latter part. Again, there's an element of turning to suspect the person who suspects (or in this case, questions) you, but what makes this case curious is that Morsul does single Huin out, very early on, as the least suspicious out of everyone. I haven't quite worked out the possible implications of that, and I feel like I'm getting a bit too sleepy to give this bit the attention it deserves. At the same time - and I apologise for the flip-flop - if I were to go by vibes alone, the vibe I get from Morsul just now is more frustrated innocent than wolf.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."

Last edited by A Little Green; 04-21-2021 at 02:33 PM. Reason: x-ed with Form, Lommy and Morsul
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote