View Single Post
Old 02-21-2023, 04:30 AM   #4027
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
I get a bit of a Minas Anor / Minas Ithil vibe from some of the lines - two sisters, renamed when bad stuff happened, children of Elendil&Sons - but everything Minas Tirith touches doesn't turn ill, Elendil and Isildur are neither bound nor any longer in the north at the time of the remaining, and what mother is there to speak of.
Ooh, this comes so close. But I am not Minas Tirith, and neither Elendil nor Isildur are my father.

Actually, between this and Pervinca's "personifications" comment, I'm happy to confirm that there are no actual people in the riddle (other than the Men who were ruled... and I guess Turin, though he's only there in the negative).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen
So it's someone whose name can be translated into 'grim face', right? Since you didn't look at the books?
You give me too much credit. "Grim" is just a descriptive word, no hidden meanings.

(Now you've got me trying to translate "grim face" into Quenya... )

hS