View Single Post
Old 04-23-2021, 03:04 PM   #174
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath View Post
Day 2 then:

Boro

Yes, but some of the people on said list were sally and Soriman because he was talking about the lurkers, so I'm not quite sure what you're meaning here.
Form had engaged with several people Day 1...so my point is someone's vote isn't the only trail they leave. Form throughout the day responded/interacted to comments made by myself, Lottie, Lommy, Huey, Kath and voted for sally. Sally and Soriman had no vote trail, but also I don't recall them interacting with anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Boro has also replied, and does not make me feel better. One half is 'I'm ignoring your accusation' (over 2 paragraphs) and the other is 'I know Legate talked about other people but I don't think it counts'. His later post ends by claiming Legate is suspicious for calling a vote 'sinister', which, it's TiG. Sometimes things look evil. I don't know if it's the phone, the hour, or BoroWolf, but the rest of his case just feels like trying to drown us in names.
Now see this is a mis-representation. The 1st time you made the accusation I took it as you were probing for a response. You categorize my reply as "I'm ignoring your accusation" but you yourself are ignoring my stated reasons:

Quote:
I think I do detect an attempted distraction. So, sorry Huey, won't engage in a conversation that looks like you're trying to derail and argue with me about something I said I was going to ignore.
I said I don't want to be pulled into a debate about something that has no bearing on what the focus on today should be; who I'm suspicious of and lynching a wolf. You returning to this and categorizing as I'm just ignoring your accusation is mis-representing my post. *ping*

As to the 2nd reason of me supposedly "mis-representing" Legate's vote analysis. Can someone please explain what is mysteriously "odd" about it and how it's mis-representing it? (Someone other than Huey or Legate, because I don't trust either of them at the moment). Kath, you have just called it odd? How so because quite frankly I'm confused.

Look...6 people voted for either Greenie or Huey.

Legate's analysis was, explain away the first 2 people (himself and Morsul) under the premise that "the 1st votes for someone aren't the starters of a bandwagon, they are bringing up other alternatives." Then he narrows in and directs the "scrutiny" to those who made the 2nd vote (Lommy and Huey); under the premise that the 2nd vote is the one that actually starts the bandwagon. Again, this makes the 2nd time Legate has used "Huey + someone else" to focus the "scrutiny" on.

Day 1 it was Huey and Greenie:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate #16
I am not entirely sure how Boro's comment constitutes as "launching a Day 1s are pointless-debate".

Now Hui seems to be poking around inquisitively overall, which is an activity that by itself can serve both good and evil purposes, so if this is just a part of that, whatever; but the formulation (the not-outright-accusing, yet suggestive "I find it a little suspicious", while putting words into Boro's mouth) does not seem right to me. Even stranger is that Greenie basically repeats the same, which just gives me the vibe of "quoting without checking the source", i.e. having seen Hui slightly suspect Boro and just latch on to that. That would be a very good move for a Wolf to pull.

Overall it's just weird because I don't read it as Boro "launching" any "debate" on "Day 1 pointlessness" in the first place.

Clarifications, anyone?
Day 2 is Huey and Lommy:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
Under this model, there are lots of singular votes that by themselves do not say much except that they are still creating alternatives (and at the same time are potentially throwaway). Whom I would put under scrutiny are actually the people who made the second votes, thus making the bandwagons roll (Lommy and Hui, with the added value that Hui was acting clearly with the bonus to prevent a wagon against himself - the question of course being that he could have equally well voted for Morsul or Pitch, if it was just about that). Either of them could have acted as Wolves protecting one of Morsul or Pitch (who had votes from before) by supporting bandwagons for somebody else.
If this isn't trying to narrow in a small number of suspect, I really don't know what is. Twice in 2 days, but I'm the "mysteriously" odd one for pointing it out.

Edit: Crossed with everyone after Morsul's #166