View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 12:08 PM   #32
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morsul
...latching on to the list post seems more unsavory
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
While I share the sentiment on Day 1 debates, I think you are bringing it back a bit obsessively.
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Little Green View Post
Legate has a point in that Huin is indeed pursuing it to a noticeable extent - even if I wouldn't go so far as to call it "obsessive".
o.O You're all making me doubt myself - I've had to double-check and confirm that yes, I really do only have four posts in the thread (five now!). If you discount the requested clarification to Legate, I've only 'pursued' and 'brought back' any points once (and in direct reply to the people I originally posted about).

I think what's happened is that it's still been the main topic of conversation, because I was posting (and poking) during a fairly quiet time, so people are flagging that without fully recognising what's happening. But I'm not going to discount a wolf pushing the perception.

... on which point, given that Legate originally said "Even stranger is that Greenie basically repeats the same, which just gives me the vibe of "quoting without checking the source"," I think that exact same phrase could describe Greenie's repetition of Legate's comment on me.

Once is chance; twice is possibly-lupine coincidence, especially when it's used to buddy up to the person who doubted you.

Boro's "we would be discussing something" post makes me feel a bit better about him. Morsul's "Next time I’ll Lie and it’ll be better" sounds fairly sullen-innocent, but still has that 'how people take it is more important than what I say' vibe that whispers 'wolf!'.

I like Lommy's implied point that 'the noisy people all look suspicious' is fairly standard TiG material while the quieter people slip by undiscussed. Not sure what to do about it, but I like it.

Not sure what to make of "forgetting games a plague ago means you're a pack of wolves"...

hS