View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 08:00 PM   #10
William Cloud Hicklin
Loremaster of Annúminas

William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.William Cloud Hicklin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
When I said Glorfindel was "uniquely dangerous," I didn't mean that his power was dangerous to Nazgul in particular, but rather that Glorfindel in particular was dangerous to Nazgul: High-elven Exiles possessed the ability to get to their "vitals" on the other side of the veil where it was safe from anyone else. (Merry, Pippin and Sam possessed whatever the equivalent of holy water or kryptonite was to Wraiths, but not one the WK would have been aware of. Against any other opponent, they were just swords.)

Aragorn possessed no "magic" power at all- but. He certainly had certain Powers of Heredity, starting on the prosaic side with the automatic deference of most Dunedain who learned who he was, but also extending to the Power of Legitimate Hereditary Ownership to wrest the Palantir from Sauron himself; and of course the Power of Inherited Sworn Obligation to command the Dead of Dunharrow.

Quote:
‘Dangerous!’ cried Gandalf. ‘And so am I, very dangerous: more dangerous than anything you will ever meet, unless you are brought alive before the seat of the Dark Lord. And Aragorn is dangerous, and Legolas is dangerous. You are beset with dangers, Gimli son of Gloin; for you are dangerous yourself, in your own fashion