View Single Post
Old 01-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #95
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilwarin538 View Post
I have to agree, when I was reading through I was really surprised, I mean I know there isn't much more to talk about on Day 1, but still. We've all played before, we know how everything works, it's not like there's some new dynamic we have to worry about (maybe the double kills, but that discussion ends at "let's get a wolfie asap", which is nothing new really). The Seer can reveal when they feel like it, most of us have working brains, so I'm sure they don't need our advice. And the Cobbler very well may leave hints, but we're not trying to get rid of the Cobbler right now, we're trying to get rid of wolves, so lets focus on that for the moment, shall we? Any speculation right now about the Cobbler could leave us on a false trail super easily, and talking about the Seer too much can draw attention to the Seer.
I don't understand how it is a waste to discuss roles and possibilities. First off it is Day 1 and we need some sort of plan, as the wolves get to plan ahead of time. We can scrap this plan at any moment and go for another one, but we need to do something. Some like to look at reactions by throwing out and starting suspicion, some watch day 1 and organize all their thoughts into a few analytical posts, some form an exhaustive and impossible plan, others talk about roles and mechanics.

None of these are "wasteful" things to post, they all provide usable in-game info. The only waste is simply not posting and providing no info, or meta-game reasons. While I think it's nice to be aware of when people have to leave, if and when they'll be back before DL...etc I call it "waste" in the sense that it speaks towards no one's guilty or innocence.

And frankly, no none of us are stupid. Yes we all know how to use brains (sometimes I question the sanity of Lommy's, but she put her brain to good hard work last game). However, I have to ask what do you think is a bigger insult to our intelligence? Saying "cobbler is probably going to hint towards the wolves, more than vice versa," and "The seer/ranger/hunter should do blahdablah"? Or honestly thinking if I say "To the seer, dream of Lottie tonight!" and Shasta's gonna post "Aye Aye master Boro, I'm on it!"

The gifteds will follow their own minds, regardless of what people guess they should or will try to do. The reason I try to do it is to try and organize my jumbled mess of thoughts when thinking about who to vote for and who not to. It's silly to post "I won't vote for Agan, cus I think she's the ranger." But if I can start guessing what the cobbler would do in this situation, the wolves, the gifteds...etc than I can start putting people in groups accordingly.

I'm not understanding how it's an evil Melkor sign of evilness to discuss roles, or how it's a waste at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eomer of the Rohirrim View Post
This strikes me as trying too hard. What 'Pitch-wagon'?
Day 1 wagons spring up from the most unexplainable beginnings. Voting's typically tight on Day 1 and sometimes it doesn't take more than 3 or 4 votes to get lynched. So acquiring 1 the person might feel jumpy or in danger, acquiring 2 and 3 you're names going to be sweating it to the the DL.

Pitch has one vote and there are low whispers of vague uneasiness about him. We've seen these situations before, and as I've joked with Pitch who never will be able to get rid of his "Mr. Agreeable" marking. Some reason or another, agreeableness = wolfiness. And while no one's come out to make strong statements of suspicion towards Pitch, there has been a consensus of general distrust. Beginning with Rikae's mention of uneasiness, and then Pitch's so called "jumpiness" from Agan and others. It has been no band-wagon of votes, but I'm getting the sense that Pitch is making people nervous and being "agreeable."

I mean if people can't think of stronger suspicions, who are they going to vote for when they have to...a random "no read" person, or someone who's made them a little nervous? It has all the marks of a band-wagon, just not the votes and I'm more scratching my head on the strong "refusal" of wilwa, not the spotting a bandwagon prematurely.

(I've probably crossed, so this is a pre-mature Edit: )