Thread: Password
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2020, 06:30 AM   #10484
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
I had hoped this would be solved today for ~reasons~... *disappointed*
I mean, it's Christmas Day, you'll be lucky to get anyone on at all...

... but I did Christmas on the 23rd, so:

#7: I looked at 'endegar' (END + RAGE backwards), and the Gateway suggested ENDERI... which is END + IRE. They're the intercalary days of the Elven/Numenorean calendar.

So immediately we're looking at days and seasons, and possibly just at intercalary days. Let's have a looksee...

#3 suggests RINGDAY (band + time), which is indeed a Telcontarian feast-day (enjoy it!). Could be CORMARE instead.

#6: 'shortly, like this usually is' suggests one of the leap-months. Since the Enderi have already been used... LITHE is lit+he, and is not only usually 3 days rather than 4, but also short for 'Lithedays'.

__R__LE... okay, I have a theory, let's test it.

... yep. #4: YESTARE is 'ye (olde) stare', and is the first intercalary day in the New Reckoning. That means I'm going to guess the password as:

FORYULE, a spelling of the Shire name for December (roughly).

I'm not sure about the other three... #5 should logically be URIME or URUI, as the only calendar word starting with U (it's August), but I can't make it fit the clue.

Still, at least I've tried! A very fine Yule to all.

hS
Huinesoron is offline   Reply With Quote