View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM   #3
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I think that Melian's power is much greater than simply resisting Ungoliant shows. Consider this quote, found in both The Sil and COH:

Quote:
Who knows now the counsels of Morgoth? Who can measure the reach of his thought, who has been Melkor, mighty among the Ainur of the Great Song, and sat now, a dark lord upon a dark throne in the North, weighing in his malice all the tidings that came to him, and perceiving more of the deeds and purposes of his enemies than even the wisest of them feared, save Melian the Queen? To her often the thought of Morgoth reached out, and there was foiled.
Before this quote, I would look at Melian as a powerful person but not someone who really has or uses the full potential. This quote, on the other hand, is like an eye opener to Melian's true power. She doesn't only create a wall of disorientation around her kingdom or keep Ungoliant away, she also continuously defeats Morgoth in a mind battle!