View Single Post
Old 02-21-2008, 02:32 AM   #6
Araréiel

Araréiel has just left Hobbiton.
Ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxcvbn View Post
Congratulations on getting married! Might I also suggest wedding costumes similar to those used in the coronation/wedding scene in ROTK? And for both your sakes, I hope this marriage will last for life.

Thanks! Hehe, we're still waiting to make it official though! it kind of is, our family and friends know we're getting married, but he wants to do the whole ring thing. I don't care, but he does.

We've got the stuff one one of the extra disks from RotK playing right now and it just past the costume section. It's be far easier to weave elements of Arwen's Coronation gown into my own wedding gown (I design) than elements of any of Aragorn's costumes into what Cody will wear. Possibly some wonderfully textured fabric could be turned into a vest, but that may be more Elven than ranger. There's plently of time, and next on my sewing agenda is reproducing Aragorn's Strider costume with the gray tunic from FotR versus the burgindy worn later. This repro will be in leathers wit correct stitching. My half will be Arwen's gray Chase outfit when she takes Frodo to Rivendell, in suede.

I LOVE the long, Elven style sleeves, and will probably wear the Evenstar.

The thing is we are both so seriously like this that no one will thing it out of place for us to incorporate things like this.

I've never before been able to see myself with one person when I'm 80. Not until Cody. My heart tells me this will last. Then again, if two people can't say that they truly believe that going into a marriage, should they really be doing it at all?
Araréiel is offline   Reply With Quote