View Single Post
Old 03-17-2021, 06:30 PM   #423
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Phew! Okay then, I've been working through the various pictures, and I've run into Fan-Dance Sauron:

I've tried simply removing his face, but because he's the focus of the image, it looks too neutral. So I was considering something like this:

With eye-glow to match Morgoth's? And maybe keeping his scar, because it's a nice little identifier for Zong!Sauron? But I don't know if adding the detail actually makes it look worse.
I don't think his face looks worse at all for the detail. It's really hard for me to say, because I can't visualize any of this properly, but I think both with and without a scar he looks fine, and could probably look fine with even more detail, and equally even less detail. I mean, his fully drawn face is amazing, it's perfect in its eager malevolence, the only reason to change it would be to match it stylistically with the others. But I'm not sure how "blurred" the features need to be for it to count. I feel that a lot of options could work well here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Rage-Melian is always better. ^_^ Book!Melian was dealing with 'locking my daughter in a tree is excellent parenting'; Zong!Melian is instead faced with 'Imma marry my kid off to the guys who tried to murder my brother', which is a whole nother level of crazy Elu.
Very true. If I needed convincing, I don't anymore. ^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
THINGOL:
Now my darling I cannot agree--

MELIAN:
I said get OUT!
Ha! I am so looking forward to doing this one in the bloopers reel! This is fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
I like the sound of the clip, but I can't figure out where the singing would go. ^_^ Which is fine, because t'ain't my song anyway, but it makes it harder to give a firm opinion.
I was gonna explain, but then realized that a recording is much like a picture in that it's worth a thousand words. Also helpful for me, because I clearly have to work on my timing (I kept rushing too much in the first stanza and generally being off in the opening). I also didn't realize just how much volume contrast there is between the opening and the Aria proper, I didn't think it would be such a drastic transition. I might soften that just slightly (maybe make the opening louder?).

Last edited by Galadriel55; 03-17-2021 at 06:37 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote