Thread: Elven Cities
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2014, 12:29 AM   #36
Ivriniel
Shade of Carn Dűm

Ivriniel has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddleglum View Post
At one time there was a settlement at Edhellond, near the site of Dol Amroth wence the elves of Lorien would set sail to the west. It was, as I recall, settled my marinors from Brithomber & Eglarest who sailed south after Morgoth sacked the havens following the Arnodiad.

However, that settlement closed down midway in the 3rd age - Amroth was on the last ship to sail from that haven (and died trying to swim back to shore in search of Nimrodel).
Yes. Edhellond was populated by Nandorin and Silvan Elves, fleeing Beleriand in the First Age, but the community survived all the way through to the Third Age. As Legolas says to Imrahil on the Pelenor:
"It is long since the people of Nimrodel left the woodlands of Lórien, and yet still one may see that not all sailed from Amroth's haven west over water."
In the Second Age, there is reference to a Nandorin presence fleeing from the Ost-In-Edhil, after the Gwaith-i-Mirdain were either killed (Celebrimbor's head was put on a pike) or fled. Galadriel, herself, appears to have passed through, bringing more than Nandor after or during the War of Elves and Sauron, when Sauron's armies gathered in, or occupied Tharbad.

Mithrellas (companion of Nimrodel, who fled Lorien) partnered with Imrazor (TA 1980), the Numenorean, and founded the Line of Imrahil, around 2000, TA. Galador (male) and Gilmith ('star mist', female) were Half Elven and the first of Imrahil's line.

It seems this was probably the most neighbourly example of Elves and Men in the TA.
Ivriniel is offline   Reply With Quote