View Single Post
Old 09-20-2002, 12:15 PM   #41
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Mithadan leapt to his feet and seized Piosenniel in a tight embrace. It was some time before he could bring himself to trust his voice. "I sent Angara to look after Cami and the others. They were ill-equiped to withstand an attack, let alone slay all who might see them. The dragon and I...communicated through Osanwe. I know we should not have. Then...the Dark One turned his thought to me. He must have perceived my presence. I believe I fooled Him. I focused my thoughts on being a drowning fisherman..." He shuddered. "He was amused. He enjoyed thinking about the death of an innocent Man. Then He departed. You and the others were affected by His dark presence. I thought you would never wake!" He held her close, stroking her hair.

Piosenniel pulled away a bit and looked carefully in the Man's eyes as if examining him for some indefinable injury. Satisfied with what she perceived, she kissed his brows. Then she asked, "Why did you and Angara do this? The danger is very great."

He was silent for a moment, then said "Angara confronted me yesterday. She tripped me, then announced her disapproval of...us. She made me realise the gravity of our choices; that you must ultimately choose to pass into the West or perhaps you may choose the lot of Man and dwell for a time in Middle Earth before dying. Either choice presents great sorrow for you or I or both of us."

She looked sharply at him. He shook his head with a smile. "What is done cannot be undone. I have given my heart to you and I will not take it back. These choices are yours to make, not mine. I will have you for a day, for a season or for a lifetime, if you will have me. And let our fates go where they must. It is your decision."

"This is why you did not answer when I knocked yestereve?" she asked gently.

"That was you? No. I tried to answer but could not reach the door quickly enough."

She looked at him with questioning eyes. He sat and removed his boot to reveal his wrapped and swollen ankle. "Angara?" she asked with concern. "Yes. I fell when she tripped me."

"I will have words with that wyrm," said Piosenniel. "And as for you..."

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]

[ September 20, 2002: Message edited by: Mithadan ]