View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 06:35 PM   #134
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
As to your first question, I couldn't say. I don't feel pulled to any one person or family more so than others. I would probably be a Man though - I don't feel particularly hobbitish or Dwarvish, and probably more Mannish than Elvish. Of course I could also be an orc, but I wouldn't reveal that now, would I?

But as for the second post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urwen View Post
Also, I think Namo might have had hots for Feanor, pun intended.
Jokes being jokes, but seriously I think Namo had the least admiration and respect for Feanor among the Valar and possibly the Elves too. He's the kind that cuts through to the intent in the soul without being distracted by flashy achievements. And I don't think Mandos was very impressed with Feanor's soul - though he had a very powerful and charismatic character. Or maybe it was because of the combination of a powerful will force and a tendency for causing wreckage and making misguided choices that Mandos would not let him out.

Feanor is just waaay too easily ruled by passion. It's not always selfish, he suffers from it too, but it's often misdirected. He gets too heated and not heated enough, too attached and not attached at all. His creations end up meaning more to him than fellow people, and it's not something he intended or benefited from. Had his passion been channeled slightly differently things might not have gone the way they have.