View Single Post
Old 10-01-2020, 05:53 PM   #298
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
The Meeting: it's missing chords? I know nothing, so I just glanced at it and went 'yep, chords on every line' and stopped there. There's also that comment at the end (Проигрыш - мелодия Лютиен из ее «Поединка»), which I'm not even sure which track it goes to!
It has a good part of the chords written in the number code thing. I assume that the numbers stand for the finger position on guitar strings, with each number meaning one step=half-tone up on the string. But if it's a standard E-A-D-G-B-E guitar, 90% of these chords don't make any sense to me. They look like gibberish, and they don't sound right. In the past I have largely ignored them and written whatever made sense / sounded right instead, but in previous songs these chords were a rare occurrence, not the norm. So far I've only tried to map Beren's part of Meeting, and I am still missing a good chunk of the chords and melody. I'll have to listen to the different versions and try to reconcile them with the notes that come up with the number chords, see if I can make headway with that approach.

Unless you have another idea for how to interpret the numbers? If you know how to decode them, that will speed things up significantly.

The last line is actually easier to deal with. It says "musical refrain - Luthien's melody from her Duel", which is what they do in V2 anyways at the end of Meeting. I haven't actually looked at the chords for that part, but I don't expect that to be a stump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Sauron: do you think the raised arm/wing works? I did a lot of tweaking to that, and I'm still not positive I shouldn't just remove it.
I think the "upswing" of the cloak definitely works. If you are on the fence about it, I would argue against removing it completely, because it's pretty cool. If you feel that it needs changing, maybe only at the tip, where it bends towards Sauron rather than swishing away as a swung cloak would. I would definitely argue against redoing all of Sauron: his face and head are right on - intense, arrogant, slightly amused/pleased, contemptuous. Beauty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hui
Next song: totally up to you! I'm jumping around in who I'm drawing, and need to have most of them done to fix up the songs we've done already. The only video I expect to be complicated is Truth, though now doubt I'll come up with some brilliant stroke of stupid for one of the others.
Lol. I'll spin the lottery wheel tomorrow then and let you know where it lands. Not today because I won't actually be able to start it until tomorrow anyways.