View Single Post
Old 08-23-2022, 10:53 AM   #11
alatar
Doubting Dwimmerlaik

alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.alatar is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
1420!

Hey there, ho there, I've spewed enough venom on PJ's LotR movies (and said some nice things too ) back when I used to care.

But then PJ's Hobbit broke me, with so much wrong that even non-fanatics could easily point out the nonsense, so what was the point in posting what we all know and can see? At least PJ got me invested in LotR, but he didn't with the Hobbit.

And now older (and I was old when I started posting here ), I care even less. Seems that most productions aren't aimed at me anyway, so I easily dodge them. Not sure if I'll watch Amazon's production - might do so so that I can discuss it with others. So seems like Galadriel warrior-princess is going to have adventures and, maybe, try to get the peoples of ME to fight the current rising evil. How exciting it seems...

But anyway, funny that I heard a 'tuber being nostalgic about how 'good' PJ's LotR was, and that they were hoping that it wouldn't be remade. Guessing that the recent trend of 'rewriting' the story has made them pessimistic. Wonder how much Amazon's production is feeding that feeling?

That said, the recent version of Dune (2021) gives me some hope. It was so close to my expectation that it was like watching a home movie (it actually got me emotional, despite me not having any). Hoping that something like that happens in my lifetime to one of Tolkien's works.