View Single Post
Old 06-04-2022, 05:47 PM   #1
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
The Current Narrative

There is a first time for everything; I don't think that I have ever opened a thread in this forum before.

I am not going to analyze or even criticize the Jackson movies, The Rings of Power, The War of the Rohirrim (or Bakshi, etc). Instead, I want to discuss ... the discussions or perhaps the lack thereof about the upcoming Amazon production.

Unlike the time before the Jackson movies, where there was extensive analysis and debate on message boards about everything from casting to shooting locations to rumors about the plot, the current narrative about The Rings of Power is being driven primarily by Amazon, the show runners, and the video game platforms. Depending upon whether I am using my home or work computer and which browser I choose, one of my launch pages is a Microsoft News Feed and, almost invariably (perhaps driven by what websites I frequent combined with the upcoming series) there is an "article" about some Middle Earth with the topics spanning all three Ages. Today's topic was which armies fought in The Battle of Five Armies. These daily "articles" invariably have at least one "fact" wrong and frequently are seriously flawed. If similar posts were made here, people would (or maybe the correct phrase is "would have once upon a time") jump all over these posts, correcting or criticizing them. But what I hear here is ... crickets.

Thoughts?