View Single Post
Old 02-21-2002, 09:01 PM   #103
non_conformist13
Pile O'Bones

non_conformist13 has just left Hobbiton.
Pipe

wow. i am just butting in here, and i haven't read any of your replies and conversations yet, so i'm probably just repeating things that others have said, but i am just going to say that there is a book out now about this. i have been reading it, and it is really interesting. it mostly just compares some of Tolkein's figures to Biblical figures. for example, the One Ring may represent sin, as man is continuously trying to get rid of it. When it is finally gone though, the scars of the journey are left behind forever. Just like our mistakes, and of course the Creation is another good example of Biblical stand points. But who is to say if he meant for his books to be symbolic of God's Word? It is deffinately an interesting thought, to say the least, and I sure wish, if that's what he meant to do, that I could write such a beautiful expression of Biblical teachings.

Be not conformed to this world, but be transformed, by the renewing of your mind.
Romans 12:2