View Single Post
Old 11-30-2002, 06:03 PM   #246
Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Shade of Carn Dûm

Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Thengise Greenleaf of Mirkwood
Eye

Thengise looked at her confused friend and forced a smile. "I'm fine Mele, don't worry,"Thengise said once more. She looked over at Jecht and saw the bitter sadness in his eyes, yet she could also detect a hint of happiness.

"Well, you two should come with me. The Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn are about to dine and they wish us to be there, especially you two. Your father should also be joining us soon,"Mele said, looking at Thengise. Thengise nodded, as did Jecht, and silently they followed Mele through the woods of Lorien. Jecht and Thengise walked together behind Mele, their hands clasped.

Soon enough they had reached the center of the woods. They entered the dining chamber, which was lit with the radiance of the elves of the light. The Lord and Lady sat at one end of the table together. Elle and Belle also sat there among some other elves. Jecht took a seat besides Galadriel, and Thengise took one next to him. Mele sat next to Thengise, yet there was still someone missing.

"Legolas, shall be meeting us later. Come now let us eat,"Celeborn stated as he silenced the chatting elves. Soon there was a great amount of merriment at the table. The chatting elves sounded like an unending song. Thengise ate quietly, as did Jecht. She lifted her eyes to Galadriel who seemed to be watching the solemn couple. The Lady turned her gaze to Jecht.

"A new sadness I see has taken you. And indeed it is most unfortunate to lose both of you to old age, but do not take it upon yourself to be grieved. You two were after all meant to be. She is also grieved to forsake her immortality, but she would not have it any other way. Her stubborness is thicker than any precious stone. Rejoice and be happy for you have yourself a grand treasure, as does she,"said Galadriel to Jecht, yet it was in his thoughts that she spoke to him.