View Single Post
Old 01-22-2004, 08:48 AM   #18
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Tolkien

Daisy

The road over to Melody's hobbit hole wasn't long. And it was even shorter as Daisy was walking carrying her good news. Her parents, who Daisy had thought were dependant on her presence at all times, had said that it was alright if she'd go off to get supplies. They had in fact been quite positive with that idea. Daisy however had begged them to tell her what they really thought of her going on this journey, but they had insisted that this was what they really thought.

When that was said and Daisy had been jumping around while her face was one in all one wide smile.

Daisy knocked on the door. She could hear hobbit steps hurrying over to the floor to open it. Melody's face was quite pale as she opened, and Daisy could hear that she had visitors. "Melody..." Daisy said and smiled. "Daisy!" Melody said enthusiastically, she too smiling. If faded away soon though. "Come in come in.....too cold to be outside dear..." Melody said as she saw that Daisy was shivering even though she was wearing her thickest coat.

"Oh thank you...I wont keep you up long" Daisy muttered. Her cheeks were all red because of the biting cold outside. "No..no it's alright. I have just made some tea...if you want some, I mean." Melody continued. There was something in her face though, that made Daisy worried. It was if there was something wrong.

"Oh, that's very kind of you...thanks." Daisy said and took of her coat. The two of them went further into the hallway. "Everything alright?" daisy asked Melody when she saw that there were already three Hobbits sitting there with a cup of tea in their hands. It was Ivy, Tom and Cedric. Ivy looked rather shook up, while Tom had an empty expression in his face. Cedric...was just..Cedric.

"Yeah....but Ivy here just had a horrible..." Melody didn't even get to finish her sentence before Tom was talking. "....she met a dwarf.." Tom said. "He told her that there were orcs and wargs at the borders of The Shire." He continued. Daisy gazed. "Wargs? Orcs? Here?" She muttered while she seated. "Yes....and now we're thinking of having an emergency meeting..." Melody said.

It was silent for a moment where none of the Hobbits said a thing. They sipped their tea once in a while but still, no words.

Finally, Melody rose to refill their cups. "So, why are you here daisy?" She asked while she gave Daisy some more tea. "Oh I'm sorry..." Daisy muttered and blushed. "Actually I was here to tell you that my parents said it was okay for me to go with you on this journey to get supplies. They were actually quite positive with the idea." Daisy said and smiled.

"But that's great!" Melody exclaimed. "I guess its settled then" She continued now looking at Tom. What would he think about it?

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:11 PM January 22, 2004: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]