Thread: Hunted RPG
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2004, 04:24 PM   #3
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
The Eye

Phervasaion’s post

Tom paced up and down the path by Melody’s house thinking who he could trust to go on this mission with him. He had a few good old hobbit friends that lived near by and he was sure they would come along to the meeting if he asked, so, he went to visit them all. All of them were not sure of coming on the actual journey due to the wolves and danger, but, luckily for Tom they all agreed to go to the meeting on that late afternoon.

Tom told everyone to meet at his house for four. An hour before hand Tom grabbed some spare chairs from his room and began placing them around his dining room table. He stopped and thought for a moment.

“We could have some dinner while the meeting is on,” Tom thought to himself as he let the Hobbits passion for food appear in him. “No,” he said aloud as the strictness of him reappeared on his face. “It would only make us trail off the subject… Plus I don’t have enough supplies anyway.” He finished placing the chairs around his table and stretched. The chairs were rather heavy for a hobbit to carry around and he had a bad back in the first place.

Just at four o’clock Tom heard a knock the door. He opened it and in walked Melody and Ivy along with the other hobbits. “Good! Your all on time,” said Tom in his usual dominant voice. They all made their way into the dining room and took their seats.

Tom simply explained the extremely dangerous situation they were in with all the crops being frozen over, food supplies running short, and he told them the details of their plan. When he finished he simply stood up and leaned over the table and said to them in a demanding manner, “Now… I trust I will have all your company for the journey?” All the hobbits looked at each other and there was a short silence.

“Yes err…okay we will come along with you,” one of the Hobbits replied looking slightly scared of Tom.

“Good! Now, Melody and Ivy I need you to prepare some food supplies for us before we set out tomorrow if that’s okay with you,” said Tom to the two Hobbit ladies. Melody looked back with a brave face.

“Actually we were hoping to come along with you… can we?” Tom just looked at them as if they had just offended him in some way.

“What! You think you can come along with us?? Do you know how dangerous the road towards Rivendell is!?” Tom shouted in a booming voice.

“Yes, bu…”

“But What?! The point is the road is too dangerous for women and you're not going!! This meeting is over. Everyone leave!” All the Hobbits left in a hurry to let Tom calm down. After they left Tom slumped down in his chair and took a deep breath. “I suppose I’ll eventually have to let the women come along. Melody usually gets what she wants anyway,” Tom muttered to himself unwillingly.