View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 06:29 AM   #151
A Little Green
Leaf-clad Lady

A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.A Little Green is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Send a message via MSN to A Little Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kath
I think Ka said it at one point, using this place as a safe haven in a storm, and honestly I have had so much fun, and the majority of that has been all of you. It's been far too long.
Wholeheartedly seconded. It's been such a treat being back here with all of you, thanks everyone (and of course Nog!) for making it into such a crazy, epic comeback game. <3 I'm sure I'll read the QT next time I need cheering up. (This game was also a good reminder to myself that colour-coded spreadsheets aside, I do better at wolf-spotting when I don't try to rely too much on logic. It really just doesn't work.)

As a bizarre coincidence, during the game I was reading a book on asylum determination processes for work, and it basically reads like a werewolf manual -

4.3 Provision of reasonable opportunity for an applicant to clarify potentially adverse credibility findings
It is very possible that a perceived lack of detail, omission, inconsistency, or implausibility in the information provided by the applicant is not in fact real, but may be legitimately explained. As the credibility assessment should be based, as far as possible, on reliable evidence, it is of crucial importance that the determining authority affords applicants a reasonable opportunity to clarify issues which may potentially lead to adverse credibility findings. Moreover, any explanations offered by the applicant should be duly considered before a final decision is taken on the application.

I wish I had followed this advice more.
"But some stories, small, simple ones about setting out on adventures or people doing wonders, tales of miracles and monsters, have outlasted all the people who told them, and some of them have outlasted the lands in which they were created."
A Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote