View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 05:27 AM   #148
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
That QT was a delight to read.

I tend to lament never being able to enjoy participating in the games with dead threads, as the couple times a game has had them, I've either survived to end or killed on the final end game. However, for this game a larger part of me is happy I didn't die early on. I had way too much fun being an unknown for almost the entire game. If I was a known and lynched wolf, I would have joined in the shenanigans, but I don't think I could have had as much fun as I ended up having. Reading the QT afterwards added more to a great experience. And reading my dead comrades night plans to go along with the BoroSeer of the QT and still plotting on a way to try to help me as the last wolf standing was super. Thank you!

I did laugh out loud (for real) when reading Legate in the QT:

Quote:
Also: looked through Boro's posts for some obvious stuff and also his early posts for some announcement of strategy and found zip, nil, nada.
Heh, sorry, just the thought of your fruitless endeavor to try to find out my strategy for the QT was terribly funny. I guess you could say my strategy was to cause confusion and spin the quarantined around in circles. Which, well when you were in the GT you spotted that was exactly my strategy and suspected me for it. What happens to an infected brain that starts saying "trust Boro"?

All the behind the scenes goings on, makes me realized what a fantastic and balanced game this was. A couple turning points that would have changed our fortunes...

Big one right at the start is Brinn was tied and so close to be lynched. When I came out Day 2 with an "assumption" that Brinn was a wolf, she had played off the Day 1 suspicions and mine so calmly I never suspected her as the seer for the entire game. Maybe if I had stuck with the "Brinn's a wolf" assumption, I surely would have been lynched, but perhaps exposed Brinn early on.

My absolute favorite day was the day Inzil was lynched (sorry bud ). The pack was anticipating THE Ka to be lynched, so I was in full throttle seer-hinting mode, THE Ka was holding up a "just lynch me sign", Pitch was scrambling around and looking like he was frustrated that he couldn't steer the village in the direction he wanted (which we interpreted as a seer who had only dreamed innocents), then we all returned to our night chat wondering how the heck Inzil got lynched that day. Heh

But that day led to the next turning point, the day THE Ka was lynched and after that day I felt my cruddiest. Just read my post:

Quote:
As much of a headache I probably caused everyone, at least for myself, I'm pretty comfortable with these...

I considered making it interesting...because I trust Lommy and Kath more, but I don't trust Eonwe. Them and myselves I believe who we have left to vote?

I considered Brinn, because I don't know what the QT is trying to do, but I don't trust THE Ka, and she added on to vote Brinn.

I think the time for plans and tricks is over. A missed wolf today and we're in big trouble. So...

++THE Ka
Left to vote was Kath, Lommy, Eonwe and me. I knew Eonwe wouldn't vote for himself so there wasn't going to be a chance he would be lynched. But with Kath and myself around, I was torn on do I do a 180 and vote Brinn (the QT and Ka voted for her). If I voted Brinn there though, it would certainly expose me, and probably Kath too (I don't know if she would have voted for Ka or not), but probably would have been the best play for me knowing now that Brinn was the seer and would dream of Kath the following night.