View Single Post
Old 05-17-2020, 03:00 PM   #1437
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Night 8 / Closing Day 7

After thinking over everything through and through for several times, Húrin knew what to do. It wasn’t an easy decision, but it was what he had to do. He called the survivors under the oak and addressed them.

“My dear friends and kinsmen. It is time I share with you my knowledge and my decision”.

There was a keen silence and all the eyes were fixed on him.

“Morgoth has spoiled some of us and they have been franticly searching for someone who was in turn aided by the forces of light. It only became clear to me little by little, that I was the one. Remember when I was convinced old Sador had fallen under the spell: it felt wrong to me as his lord and friend of so many years, but somehow I knew it. Now I know another and will come clear with it, whatever it might mean to me.”

People were confused, especially about the last sentence.

“Now that I’m in the open, the last one will come to me, and he has the power of Morgoth in him, which I’m afraid is too much for me to fight against. I mean how were these ordinary people able to overpower Huor? He’s a strong warrior and he was armed, but still they beat him.”

People glanced at each other starting to realize the sacrifice Húrin was making. But Húrin turned lovingly to his wife and child.

“It may be I could have had something to do in the wars to come, but here and now as your lord, I’m responsible to you: to my family, my friends, my kinsmen. I couldn’t live if I didn’t do this now, and would then have lost any more of you my friends.”

Morwen bit her lip and took her husband by the hand.

“So…” Húrin broke the uneasy silence. “Algund and Gethron, take Forweg. He’s the second last Infector.”

With that the big man turned and came yelling wildly towards Húrin, but Algund and Gethron were on him already. Forweg struggled but finally, with the help of both Aerin and Húrin himself, he was tied down and dragged to the Great Hall.

“I may not wake up healthy tomorrow, but I trust you can find out the last one – as I know, it is either good old blind Ragnir or sweet Aerin. Others of you I know are not infected by this monstrosity."

"But we will defend you, everyone, we all!" Morwen said determinatedly. "Aren't we?"

The others agreed in unison. Only one of them was not sincere.

~*~

Dead, yes dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, the Mod (dead on Night1)
Urwen – Glóredhel, healthy person (withered away in grief during Day2)

Quarantined

Galadriel55 – Andróg, the Cobbler (voted into QT on Day1)
Rikae – Haldir, formerly healthy person (infected by the shady Infectors on Night2)
Huinesoron – Hareth, an Infector (voted into QT on Day2)
Kitanna – Huor, the Ranger (infected in the woods by the Infectors on Night3)
Sally – Túrin, the Hunter (voted into QT on Day3)
Macalaure – Grithnir, healthy person (dragged into the QT by the Hunter on Day3)
Legate of Amon Lanc – Asgon, healthy person (infected sneakily on Night4)
Lhunardawen – Sador, an Infector (voted into QT on Day4)
Lalaith – Rían, healthy person (overrun and infected by the Infectors on Night5)
Inziladun – Halmir, healthy person (voted into QT on Day5)
Pitchwife – Turin’s Nurse, healthy person (infected by the Infectors on Night6)
THE Ka – Indor, an Infector (voted into QT on Day6)
Shastanis Althreduin – Brandir, healthy little child (outrageously infected on Night7)
Kath – Forweg, an Infector (unanimously quarantined on Day7)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Loslote
A Little Green
Boromir88
Brinniel
Eönwë
Rune Son of Bjarne

It’s now Night 8

... and it is dark.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote