View Single Post
Old 05-15-2020, 11:48 AM   #1327
Thinlómien
Shady She-Penguin

Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.Thinlómien is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Hmmm. I reread Boro's non-reveal. I think I have been thinking him the seer for longer than he has pretended to be one, so perhaps I should blame mostly myself... I thought it explained not only some of his cryptic comments, but also why he gave me both unusual and innocent vibes, why he chose to act so weird on Day1, and why he's been so adamant about my innocence when basically everyone else has questioned it (and perhaps why he did such a legate180 about Brinn). I think his reveal sounds fairly innocent (why would a wolf do any of this? or admit it?), but I would like to ask him more than ever give his updated, honest opinion of everyone - but in particular Eönwë, Brinn and myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eönwë
I find it more likely that if anything, your fake-seeriness was an attempt to catch the real seer, which is why the two people who challenged you on it, Lalaith and Pitch, are dead.
I think this line of thought has some merit. I don't want to get super deep into this on theoretical or practical level because it could endanger the real seer, but in short: perhaps this is what could have drawn the wolves' attention to Lalaith and Pitch (possibly though even if Boro wasn't one of them). But that surely couldn't have been the wolves only reason to kill Lalaith and Pitch - in combination with having some seerish skepticism, they must have got some of their trusted villagers and/or top suspects right. Which, ironically, brings me back to Eönwë, whom they both suspected heavily.

Eönwë also reminds us of this slip of Boro's and it was enough to give me a pause:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro
I would say most of our days have gone far too narrow. We put ourselves into pretty much just 2 options. Day 1 was G55 and Brinn. Day 2 Mac and Huey, Yesterday Inzil and sally. Today Lommy and Inzil.

I don't know a whole lot about the advocates for it, but I think we need a day where there's a lot more spread. Force the wolves into some tougher choices, instead of just picking between 2 innocents or whether they wanted to bus wolf-Huey or not.
Like, fair enough if he was pretending to have dreamt of innocent me and Brinn. But how did he know Inzil was innocent?

But as Lottie points out, Eönwë makes basically the same slip here:
Quote:
I still think his potential slip the previous Day (where it looked like he knew the identity of two innocents - now proven to be true) would be enough to make me want to make sure if I were a wolf.
Quote:
By which I mean Zil was proven to be true. The jury is still out on Brinn and maybe Lommy (depending on how you read the post).
I'm very confused all in all but - Eönwë, what post do you refer to? Why is the jury only "maybe" out on me?

Seriously this game is giving me a massive headache.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottie
But also, it feels like you came out here toDay on a crusade to convince us that Boro's Seer hints plus the wolves not killing him means he's definitely a wolf. Which feels like the wolves decided he wasn't the Seer, and decided to go after him instead - which would be especially important if the wolves needed a big distraction to take the heat off of them.
This makes quite a lot of sense to me actually, but I'm also aware it's very much what I'd like to believe, so maybe I'm biased. Oh how easy this would be if the pack was Eönwë-Brinn-Ka and I could be right about some things for once and have a little break. It would be a simple explanation, and even in werewolf those are maybe a little more often correct than the über complicated ones.

Quote:
But if it was a slip, which two would I be talking about? Because there are three people that are implied innocent by this - you, Zil, and Brinn. Zil has been confirmed.
Are you saying you only slipped two of us are innocent because you know one of us is not? Gotcha. *Brinn-Eönwë-conspiracy intensifying*

Quote:
Whether or not the Zil-lynch yesterDay was orchestrated by the wolves (will need to look into who got it to happen), what was shown is that the village can be pushed to ignore the innocent QT's vote. This is bad.
What?! Are you saying the village has to lynch by default whoever the qt suggests?? That doesn't make any sense. As we have discussed ad nauseam, they might be a little more enlightened than we are but they are not infallible. (Certainly, if you look how they followed Boro. )

Quote:
I feel like needing to hide from Lommy for a moment.
Good thinking.

Quote:
In the end seer is still alive, so maybe it didn't work as I had intended, but to some extent it did.
...what? This sounds like your aim was to get the seer killed?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Why is my own sister calling me "virtually nobody"? Rude.
*blowing kisses in your direction*

I still don't suspect Lottie really (unless maybe if Boro turns out to be a wolf??) but her list made me raise about five eyebrows. What's the difference between "probably innocent" and "probably not a wolf"?? Like is there a middle ground? Also why on earth would you list yourself as "probably innocent"? Shouldn't you be more sure about that????

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
I'm a little confused on this one, because it's the first time Eonwe really gives his full explanation for suspecting Rune, and it mostly seems to be based around Lhuna, but that hadn't I don't think been the basis of the suspicion until now. Also, did Lommy support this reading? I got the opposite impression from her posts and thought she'd ended up feeling Rune was innocent. Lottie also drops suspicion of Rune and I'm sure that was in relation to Lommy too.
Yes, I still think Legate's continued trust in Rune's innocence would have stood out to the wolves if they were reading through his posts, wondering if he was the seer. Maybe Rune is one of them and they thought Legate looked like the seer regardless. But I think it's more likely a wolf pack not involving Rune thought Legate was a seer that had dreamt of innocent Rune.

Quote:
The wolves are bound to be pretty desperately looking for the Seer at this stage, and if half the village noticed Boro's hints, they're bound to have done.
I have been considering, what if not. What if our remaining wolves really are those who have not claimed to have noticed anything going on with Boro in the past, and have been baffled by his reveal toDay? Namely Brinn and Kath and presumably then either Ka or Shasta. That would be the funniest plot twist of all (and perhaps what Boro would deserve.)

Quote:
As for the Eonwe connection - if it's option 1), this would mean either that Lommy and/or Brinn are wolves, and/or that Eonwe is innocent. More specifically, the Pitchwife kill doesn't make sense if they're going for the Seer, Eonwe is a wolf and Boro isn't; both Pitch and Boro suspected Eonwe, and I can't see how Pitch could have looked more Seer-ish to them than Boro. So I'd say if the wolves are gunning for the Seer and Boro isn't one of them, then Eonwe likely isn't, either. Make sense?
Yes, unless Brinn is a wolf. (Or for argument's sake: if I was.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE Ka
Coupled with a reminder ala Pitch's memory, not only do the ordos in QT not know anymore than we do, but the wolves in QT can only PM each other, not wolves alive in the GT at Night. QT wolves would be just as interested in 'seer' hints. If the fake seer is an ordo haphazardly trying to create cover and they accidentally single out an innocent, they might sit back and let QT ordos go for it first since neither the Ranger nor Hunter know who the actual Seer is anyways.
Living wolves in the GT would be more interested in who looks frustrated or generally upset over the fake seer as these could be signs of the actual Seer telling them to quit without too much reveal. This does require that living wolves in the GT do identify that the fake seer is indeed not real though, otherwise at least for a few Days, the fake-seer if successful at somehow influencing the QT vote could divide their attentions and expose them to players.
It could also be a reason why Pitch was selected the previous Night by the remaining wolves or Lal before.
Did it take me this long to realise "GT" was not a typo for "QT" but an abbreviation of "game thread"? *facepalm* *sneaks off to confiscate they cuties' gin tonic bc it's us now who are the gin tonic thread*

More seriously though, I can't make very much sense of where you're getting with this, Ka. So do you think Boro is an innocent fake or a guilty fake?

Not sure what to make of Boro's newborn fatalism. Also:

Quote:
Can't deny no one really trusted me, except for the QT for 1.5 days.
I TRUSTED YOU BUT I COULDN'T SAY IT TOO OPENLY BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU WERE THE SEER AND IT WAS BETTER TO KEEP ENOUGH VOICED SUSPICION ON YOU TO KEEP YOU ALIVE.
Thinlómien is offline   Reply With Quote