View Single Post
Old 05-04-2020, 02:59 PM   #4
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Day1

To their horror, the villagers found “the Badger”, a venerable old veteran of Dagor Bragollach and former bannerman of Hador Lórindol, dead from his lonely hut beside the gates. He had received that nickname from Hador himself who dearly loved his aid: for he was well known for his badgerlike build and perseverance, and on top of that, he’d had grey stripes in his hair already at young age.

“Oh, good old Badger”, Algund sighed.

“The lines are getting thinner…” murmured Grithnir.

”The Evil Breath is here”, stated Ragnir matter-of-factly.

”May it have been just the years that finally reached him?” Aerin asked. She looked tentatively around her: “I mean he sure was an old and fragile man.”

“You’re right kinswoman. We’re all getting a bit jumpy.” Hareth said steadying her voice. “Let us not allow the fear to enter our minds”.

“No Urwen, no!”, yelled Morwen suddenly and reached for her daughter who had just leapt forwards curious to see, what was it with the old man that they had all had to gather at his cottage for. Morwen held her in mid-dash and embraced her tightly. “My dear Lalaith, old Badger is no more. We should not go close to him, for he’s…”

“He is dead. Not sick.” Forweg put in, in his bold manner.

There was an uneasy silence.

“Yes, but we should all leave this house, just to be on the safe side.” said Sador finally.

“I say we burn it down.” added Indor.

“We’ll need to decide what to do with old Badger’s body and this hut, but first we need to try and find out, if anyone is actually infected. All those infected must be quarantined, for the sake of all others.” said Húrin, glancing at his wife.

“Are we going to exam also all the fancy folk, or is the quarantine only for us ordinary people?”, asked Andróg mockingly.

“This applies to everyone. You can start the examinations from me and my wife.” said Huor firmly. “There should be no exceptions.”

Túrin pulled his father’s sleeve: “Father, what does ‘ekzami… exameaning’ mean?”

“In this case?” Húrin turned to him and gave a pause. “I don’t know, my son… I really don’t know.”

~*~

Dead, yeas dead

Nogrod – “The Badger”, Mod (dead on Night1)

Hanging around

Thinlómien
Legate of Amon Lanc
Huinesoron
Loslote
Pitchwife
Kath
Galadriel55
Lhunardawen
Inziladun
Kitanna
A Little Green
Boromir88
Urwen
Lalaith
Brinniel
Eönwë
Macalaure
Rikae
Rune Son of Bjarne
THE Ka
Satansaloser2005
Shastanis Althreduin

It is Day1

Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote