View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 08:26 AM   #2
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. Let's start the discussion of the game here.

Here are some of my preliminary thoughts on it.

Firstly, I think I have a nice solution to this"dead thread" problem.

Because this is a story about the House of Hador and the people of Haleth, who are true to their kin not killing each other based on random accusations, we should treat the whole matter in a bit different way. Especially as it is the highly contagious Evil Breath of Morgoth that torments them rather than some basic werewolves just ripping their limbs apart.

So instead of a graveyard or a dead-thread, a quarantine-house is called for!

The villagers lock up one person at the end of every Day in quarantine ("lynching") and every morning one person who has gotten sick ("killed by wolves") by Night is being carried there as well.

All the roles are revealed in "death". If the roles are not told, the game becomes even more random than it already is.

Secondly, I think I also came up with quite a nice idea for the "dead-thread" aka. quarantine-thread (QT).

All the people in QT can, and hopefully will, use their Days discussing the matters and then, let's say two hours before the Deadline, they vote to whom they will give their vote that Day. So the quarantined have one vote, no matter how many they are.

The vote of the QT is then announced to the villagers immediately (two hours before the Dl, for example) and will be put down in the general tally of votes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate
In the absolutely worst case, a Wolf will end up lynched on Day 1, then ostracised by fellow dead, and will be bored for the rest of the game. But that is the worst-case scenario for one person, as opposed to everyone else. I think it's worth it.
Agreed.

Even I could see in this scenario something fun even for the lonely D1 "lynched" wolf. For I was thinking that in case of a tie in votes (in the QT) it would be the most "veteran" quarantined who would make the final decision between the ones with same number of votes. So on D2 the wolf would be the one who chooses, who to give the QT-vote! (Place for many different tactics!!!)

So, what say you? Comments, suggestions?

PS. Someone asked when we would start? I'd say that as soon as we get enough players to have a decent game. I'd say 12 the least. If my memory serves me right the old school games were normally between something like 14-16 players? That I think would be ideal. So maybe not in a day or two, but next week probably, hopefully?
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote