Thread: Relative Powers
View Single Post
Old 03-31-2006, 11:30 PM   #109
littlemanpoet
Itinerant Songster

littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.littlemanpoet is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Underhill
Nobility of character, cultural superiority, and general moral fiber are difficult metrics. If you factor these in, aren't you obliged to bump the likes of Morgoth, Fëanor, Sauron, and Saruman (for starters) down the list a ways for their social and moral defects? Furthermore, I can't see what Trolls are doing so far up the list considering they have even less culture than orcs, apparently; all they have going for them is size, strength, and an amusing accent.
I suppose we could quantify everything, but that might just take the fun out of it for a lot of us. Not to mention the mystery.

"Intelligence consists of (1) speech (2) tool usage (3) et cetera...."

(1) speech: +0 for no speech; +1 for 1 to 1000 word vocab; +2 for 1000 to 10,000 word vocab, et cetera.
(2) tool usage: +0 for none; +1 for 1 tool; +2 for two tools, etc.
(3) ad nauseum.....

blah.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obloquy
You're unaware of the difference between a Maia in its natural incorporeal form and one that has been fully incarnated in the form of an old man?
No. I am not unaware of this. It was my understanding that the Maiar who entered Arda clothed themselves in corporeal forms of one kind or another. Do you mean to tell me that Maiar in Valinor live there incorporeally?
littlemanpoet is offline   Reply With Quote