View Single Post
Old 09-02-2006, 12:19 AM   #151
THE Ka
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.THE Ka is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Send a message via MSN to THE Ka
Besides an offering of food, the human had decapated a few flowers, and was trying to pass them out as well. Kafkalina gave a slight cringe to this, even though flowering plants were far from the station of an ash tree, the gardening patterns of th entwives seemed to have rubbed off into her personality.

Glirdingo was considerate enough to take in account that though Kafkalina might promise to keep the talking with Hourns short, but realitically, she knew back at her home they would be nothing but curious about everything. Even more so of Glirdingo.

"But we should add a little haste, my friend. For I feel it in my bones that our time here is drawing to an end. How soon or how far off, I cannot tell. But I feel it coming." added in the elve.

She did not need him to explain why he said this, she already took into account the number of men there were. Relation wise, she would rather be in the company of dwarves (whom she really did not ill favour as much as outsiders might expect), than humans. The only men to have made an exception to her where the small bands of rangers, who were the few forest dwellers without timber and destruction on their minds, though, she naturally had slight suspicion of anyone really. Kafkalina now was in deep thought again, trying to remember when was the last time she actually saw a human ranger, they too seemed to have dwindled.

This did not last long though, for it seemed her elven friend was now in a debate with the man who had tried to pass decapitated flowers around. Kafkalina shook her head again. This was a confrontation that was as old as time, and it would be best not to take sides. This sparked another thought to her, when was the last time that a dwarve and ent were in a debate? She had to shake the odd thought off as Glirdingo called her back into the moment with a question.

"Kafkalina, would you have a problem with this man coming with us on our journey? He is yet young (to us that is) but I sense the spirit of an adventurer in him. But of course, that is if you would like to join us Galadster?"

Ho humm! My, that was a hasty decision! Ether this, or it seems these two have had more of a history together. Well, it seems quite odd that they would take up a side like this, but again, man and elve have done it before. It does not seem too difficult, though, passing a man through Fangorn is going to be quite a difficult task... Hmmm

She was about to finish her decision, when Galadster wished to inquire himself.

"Well that really depends there buddy, where shall we be travelling and what use would you have me, and Easterling, for?"

Easterling!? Rah ro tumm! What is this name calling for?! My, my, the tongues of men have been sure to turn so judgemental. I definately cannot bring this creature into Fangorn without being battered myself, taking me for an entmaiden bent towards wickedness. Rum tor hmm... I must set the trail straight if Glirdingo cannot...

Turning to Galadster with a stern face, she addressed him in a serious tone she mainly used on mischevious young Hourns.

" First of all young master Galadster, I am no Easterling, nor am I a tree. I am an entmadien of Eriador, and my reasoning for coming to this northern land is my own. You may call me by my much shorter name, Kafkalina, as my enttish one would be too long even for the most patient elve. Glirdingo has offered a joint position to join him to traveling in Fangorn, for the simple purpose of adventure, though more of a re-visiting for myself. I might be bold to say this, but I highly doubt that an elve and a man would be allowed into such an old and well loved area without attack, or a trap being placed. Hopfully, if you are willing to listen to a few words of caution on the way, I might be able to help the both of you through, though the chances are all up to a possibility. I am a bit uneasy about it as well, I do not know how many of the ents are still there, or might have wicked intentions for us. Though, thus is the curiousity of adventure I presume."

She ended her words with a lighter air, though it seemed that the conversation was to be an interesting one.

Last edited by THE Ka; 09-02-2006 at 12:22 AM.
THE Ka is offline   Reply With Quote