View Single Post
Old 12-02-2006, 03:59 PM   #616
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
"Maybe it wasn't so bright idea, looking at our children here, but..." Stigend opened his mouth at last. He had been listening and thinking both about their children and about the wonder-twins, as he called them in his head. He looked at Thornden and then to Garstan and continued: "But maybe it was better in the end."

Garstan looked surprised and turned to face his friend, questionmarks flying from his eyes.

"Well, I've been thinking about this almost all the evening now. I mean after I saw that one...erm... those two". Stigend made a pause as if he was trying to find the right words.

"What I mean is. We, me and my family, have had it the rough way most of the time, just trying to get along in this life because of Modtryth's blood. But how tough it must have been for those two? And what would have awaited them if people from this Hall would not have been the ones to find them?" Stigend shook his head slowly, staring now downwards and fiddling with the button of his skirt. He looked somewhat distracted.

Garstan landed his hand on his shoulder. "I can see what you mean, Stigend."

Stigend raised his head and wiped his eyes with the sleeve of his skirt. "Sorry my friends. I tend to get a bit carried away with these things." He reached to the table and picked a jug of ale. "But the kitchen is getting ready, at least what comes to masonry. Now isn't it, master Garstan?" Stigend smiled and raised the pint after which he took a good draught from it.

"And I'll be needing a few steady hands on my site in day or two. The logs are soon hewn and we must start bringing the thing together. My friend Garstan has already given his word to accompany me with it. How about you master Thornden? Any interest in that kind of work?"