View Single Post
Old 05-02-2011, 08:33 AM   #1
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
Ring Formendacil and Nienna Announce Their Engagement

Because of the fact that this site played a central role in our original acquaintance and in the earlier stages of simple friendship development, it seemed fair that the "breaking news" of our engagement on the Internet should be made here, rather than Facebook--though the paparazzi have already leaked it there.

Approximately two years ago, I met Nienna, while I was meeting one Feanor of the Peredhil, whose roommate she happened to be. In the aftermath of that meeting, we became friends and when I was looking to make a major change in my life plans--and in so doing move as far away as I could from western Canada--I made a choice to go somewhere I knew people: namely Boston, where I had met the aforementioned ladies.

This fateful decision and the fact that Nienna was the person I knew best in Boston eventually led to our friendship developing into a romantic relationship, and even before I moved to Boston, we were "a couple" (as any Downer who was at Bostonmoot could probably attest). Yesterday I got down on one knee and pulled out a ring, and asked her to marry me--and she said yes!--thus putting us in line for becoming the next in a string of "Downer Married Couples."

Given the importance this website has played in allowing us to meet each other, you all have our thanks on that basic level, but you are quite a bit more than just that. Many of you have become the extended social circle that has provided a number of real-life friends, and it is highly conceivable that a number of you will be posting to the "I met a fellow BDer" thread in the wake of our nuptials (which, for those inquiring, is tentatively dated for "June-ish, 2012").