View Single Post
Old 02-01-2003, 05:30 PM   #91
Iarwain
Pugnaciously Primordial Paradox

Iarwain has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

My thoughts on that which lies ahead:<P><BR>I hated the FotR movie because I wanted it to be perfect, and it was dissapointing that they changed it so much. Then, after I saw the Extended Edition, it gained my approval. I realized that my expectations were too high for this production of LotR, and gleefully awaited TTT. Then, I saw TTT. I hated it infinitely more than I had hated FotR. I despised it, and wished that it had never been produced and that no one had ever seen it. Perhaps I will allow my expectations to lower even more before RotK, but if the trend continues I will probably weep over the loss. Even if it meets up to very low standards of TTT, I will become tremendously bitter and despise those who say that it is wonderful. I hope for a miracle, but the time for it has passed. Middle-Earth has passed into darkness. To quote Sam from Book VI, ch. 8 : <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:<HR> This is worse than Mordor! Much worse in a way. It comes home to you, as they say; because it is home, and you remember it before it was all ruined.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Those are my feelings. None could have written them better.<P>Solemnly,<BR>Iarwain