View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 05:28 AM   #114
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
The ones I like is:

Elrond - Quite famous, at least the people of Gondor have heard of him. But since they are a quite informed people, that know their history, this is perhaps not so exceptional?
Turin - I like this one, because Turin became famous on several occasions, under different names. For this he is perhaps my favorite.
Feanor -His skill was certainly renowned, and his actions shaped the history of Middle-earth. It just seem that posterity had more focus on people like Turin and Beren (I know he is not on the list)
Mordor - I thought Galadriel55 made an excellent point about including Mordor: Even the bree-folk has heard of it. I think it speaks volumes that this place was known, not just to people in its vicinity, or to elf-friends such as Frodo, but also a name known to the uninformed people of the north... also we know that the people of Harad had heard of it.
and
Tol-in-Gaurhoth: I must be the only one who does not find this entry funny... Anyways I have included it on my list because I think that the fortress in it self is deserving as a contender. It might not have been Angband, but it had werewolves and freaking vampires!!! Places like that are bound to become legendary.

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote