View Single Post
Old 01-18-2007, 05:11 PM   #825
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Folwren
There you are! Kwell is back in action. Is it good enough? Not too unrealistic?
Nicely written aka a good one, but what I'm a bit uneasy with is the amazing results of the ex-slaves in general! (So not Foley's post in particular as it indeed had a justification of three vs. one) I mean everytime they challenge an enemy they win and take one or two slavers with them (I'm not innocent to this myself either). And it is quite rarely that any one of them dies in the action.

I feel sorry to say this, but: more deaths to the goodies and better fighting & surviving slavers are needed to make it look believable! (Sorry to be calling for realism in fantasy... ) I mean let's face it: the slavers are professional fighters and the ex-slaves are just anybody, furious to fight for their freedom, to be sure, but still quite the underdogs in practise.

It feels we're too effective...

Otherwise: great posting everyone, I really have enjoyed trying to catch up with the stuff here!