View Single Post
Old 04-15-2006, 02:51 PM   #40
Legolas in spandex
Wight

Legolas in spandex has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithalwen
I don't have the time nowto go in to the many aspects of how I disagree with you and since you regard knowledge as sinful I suspect it would be a waste of energy. I suggest you increase your own knowledge at least to the extent of finding out why this statement is grossly inaccurate:- " Also, since you mentioned something about tolkien being Catholic, some aspects of the Cathlolic religion are a derivation of the Christian faith".

As for this, I mean some things in more modern day Catholic society, depending on the denomination, have derived from christian society. A teacher told me this. I have reason to believe them, however, they could be wrong. I sahll research it further if you want more proof, but if you simply want to argue, then you find me other proof as to why it is wrong , and I will gladly stand corrected.

As for the ideas everyone on here has posted, though the debating is nice, we must relize we are straying a bit from the point. I am not asking whether Tolkien could have possibly meant to mirror aspects of the Christian faith in his writing, I am asking if anyone else sees the resemblence, whether they agree with a certain religion's basis or not. Also realize that not everything can be explained by human thought. Sometimes we have to rely on faith.Be content on this.