View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 11:31 AM   #13
Mithadan
Spirit of Mist

Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.Mithadan is a guest at the Prancing Pony.
Sting

Shading his eyes, Mithadan looked out over the sparkling waves at the catamaran. "I see no reason for the Cat to accompany us," he said. "We'll have to get them back to the correct Age though. Can you do that with the guidance crystal?" Pio nodded her assent. "I'll prepare a message and send it over with Angara if she will agree to this errand," he said.

"I'll do this task for you," purred the dragon. "But take care! I keep a tally of these little "favors". Do not put yourself too deeply in my debt."

Mithadan laughed and tossed the Wyrm a piece of cod which was caught daintily and devoured. The dragon licked its talons in cat-like fashion, then stretched its neck and looked over the bow. In the distance, land was, at last, visible.

"So we go to Minas Tirith?" growled Angara. "Waste of time."

"Well at least we can purchase some provisions," replied the man. "I for one grow tired of fish." The dragon's ears perked up at the mention of new varieties of food. "Anyway, without your wise advice, we have no other choice."

Angara preened herself briefly, then turned nonchalantly and faced Mithadan. "How can I offer my suggestions?" she purred. "You have not yet answered my riddle."

Mithadan reclined lazily in his chair. "Oh. That?" He stretched a bit. "The answer to your riddle wouldn't be the 'future' would it?"