View Single Post
Old 07-02-2002, 11:00 AM   #11
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Pio had tied the banner securely to the main mast, and descended quickly back to the deck. Idril was just approaching the prow, a shimmering crystal phial in her hand, filled with radiant, silver light. Light, the color of a peaceful sea under starlight, poured down the prow of the ship and seemed to infuse into the very wood itself. It lay there sparkling softly, just beneath the surface.

She looked about her at the rapt faces of her companions, and wondered how each of them had seen this moment.

It was a little later in the day, when she approached Mithadan. He was sitting comfortably in a chair on the deck, in the shade of some stacked boxes. Angara was perched near him on one of the boxes, speaking amiably with him as it appeared, since he often laughed at some comment she had made.

The elf approached and greeted them both. The dragon looked at her expectantly. Pio shaded her eyes with her hand and looked across the water to where the catamaran ploughed through the waves, following them.

'What do you think we should do with the cat?' she asked of the man who had been the trireme's original captain. 'Do you think you might speak with the crew, and see if they want to accompany us. If not, then perhaps we should let them sail for home.'

Mithadan glanced toward the cat and then at Pio.

'Or perhaps I can talk to them, if you so desire.' she offered.

[ July 02, 2002: Message edited by: piosenniel ]