View Single Post
Old 02-15-2003, 01:39 PM   #85
Auriel Haevasawen
Wight

Auriel Haevasawen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

A little delayed but here at last...

Old Stoat

Old Stoat is of the race of men, although with his stench and all that mud and hair it's more than a little difficult to tell. His age is also something for debate but could be somewhere in his forties.

His background is mysterious in that no one in the Bree environs knows where he came from. He just seemed to appear one day working in the fields on Ferny's plantation. He has an ill look to him though and people soon noticed items went missing from their homes if they left the door unbolted the day he took to living in that shed at the field edge.

He more than once let his fists fly and if he found himself fairly beaten would later follow his rival home and finish the business with a hunting knife.

If Ferny had not stepped in to vouch for him he would certainly have been tried or at least expelled from Bree.

He was now in debt to Bill Ferney and he certainly knew how to make use of him. Large and strong and seemingly easlily biddable he soon found himself being bought pints in the Prancing Pony and included in Ferny's plans. Ferny could make good use of a man of dubious background who seemed willing to follow him. It was impossible to tell if he had his own neferious plans in mind or just had a liking for evil doings.

One night walking back across the fields from one particularly heavy drinking session Bill ventured to ask his new companion where he had got his name. Stoat let out a low and rasping laugh. "Cos I changes me colour to suit where I is."

Obviously interacts with Bill Ferny!

I hope this is what you had in mind as a profile. He's supposed to be mysterious so I have been too, hope that's ok.