View Single Post
Old 11-12-2006, 09:28 PM   #153
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
I don't know if Valier's reasoning is all that illogical. I think it's possible the wolves believed Rune was actually the cobbler, they saw his duty done so they killed him. Now why would wolves want to kill their ally?

Well as we all know the Cobbler doesn't know who the wolves are, and the wolves don't know who the Cobbler is. However, the Cobbler's duty is to stir as much confusion as possible. As Rune I think has certainly done this, because of the wolves choice.

I have memoirs from ancestors who were cursed, and they talk about actually killing a person they suspected to be the Cobbler. Since the Cobbler is trying to sew as much disorder and confusion as possible, and killing the Cobbler would do just that. As we don't know what we can take from the Cobbler's death. The wolves can effectively use a Cobbler by not only keeping him alive but actually killing him.

I don't know if lynching Naria or CoD would be the best thing either. As I have yet to see why either of them our wolves. Grant it, I think it would clear away this Rune thing, if neither of them are wolves what good does that do? We can't fiddle around much longer and keep on making these mistakes just so we can put to rest this 'Rune conversation.' If I can see a reasoning (which I will be looking at both of them) that one (or even both) are wolves, than let's do it. But, I'm not too fond of this idea...'let's just lynch one of them so we can figure out what the wolves were planning when they killed Rune.' We don't got a lot of room for error left.

I may just go back to my first night vote for Farael...he seems a bit hasty here. Perhaps for real life reasons he wasn't active for the first couple days. Then yesterday he comes in too late to vote. He's sure making his presence known today.

What I mean by he seems hasty, is first off I don't understand this:
Quote:
More often than not, wolves will not kill someone who has just accused them if they think that person is the Seer. If Rune had turned out to be the seer, I would think that the wolves would have avoided killing him right there and then, because it would have meant the death of a wolvish Naria
I forget who pointed it out, but wolves would gladly make a sacrifice to nab the Seer....especially when the Seer is the only gifted in the village and the wolves have the amount of success they have had so far.

Also, I don't like this Durelin, CoD, and myself trio you've concocted up. How about we focus on just getting one wolf before we start thinking of who his/her partners are? While it's good to look for connections and possible 'partnerships' it's virtually useless until we actually get a wolf to go off of. When we get these groups of 'trios' before even finding one wolf it creates confusion and a mass of possibilities that may not even be true (especially if a wolf is the one making the 'trio'). To me it looks like you're attempting to group people together, attach 'wolf trio' to them, and trying to fool everyone into follow along with you.