View Single Post
Old 07-28-2010, 05:23 AM   #328
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalë

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
What a Day1! I think it was worth every minute. Heh, the more I play, the more I seem to begin liking that kind of involved Day1's. There should be leads enough to make some fairly decent observations from toDay (I'll try to occupy myself with that later on).

Just a few quick ones for now.

So why did the wolves go for Boro? The most straightforward explanation would be that he hit a nerve and the wolves had to act immediately. The problem with seer-hints - from the wolf-perspective - is that you can't ignore them even if you know killing that person might disrepute one or more of you, if the one posing as the seer has it right, that is.

That in turn would mean that there should have been a clear enough seer-hint with clear enough guilt shown for someone who actually is a wolf. Which would actually be Eonwë There would go my theory of him being Dionysos which I have to admit I rather like still - and actually (and hopefully) he was the false seer, so it is still possible I'm right with Eonwë. But that we shall not know until later.

The other thing is, were the wolves killing him because of the seer hints? I mean now after the fact it's more or less easy to say "ahh, right youy are, he was hinting to be the seer!", but I must admit at least I missed them completely yesterDay. It's also possible they killed him just because they knew he can be very good and he was fairly well trusted (at least not suspected enough to get easily lynched)?

On another issue. I still think my theory about Eonwë is quite plausible, whatever you say. The rules say only:
Quote:
Dionysus is the Cursed. If the Wolves choose to Night kill him, he will join their ranks.
There is no remark on any loyalties he should or should not have and thus leaves it quite open for Dionysos to choose himself his loyalties (we don't know what Glirdan wrote in his role-PM to him of course).

Now knowing how so many people think that playing a wolf is the coolest thing one can do in Werewolf it's not that far-fetched to think someone being the cursed - and knowing it - would really desire for actually getting to be a wolf. That's why I agree with Rikae that the cursed should not know he is a cursed as it kind of makes him quite easily a cobbleresque-character not having the best of the village in mind but his own wolf-carreer in mind. That's why I said it is a problem with the rules.

Third one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerwen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenie
Quote:
Originally Posted by me on Nerwen
Also, if she is a wolf I doubt Rikae or/and Mac is one. And that would give us one or two people we could more or less trust, at least in the first Days.
Could you explain this? I don't follow your logic I'm afraid.
I suppose he means that Mac was after me, and Rikae defending Mac... but that's weirdly naive reasoning, from an experienced player.
It was not so much reasoning in any strong sense but a feeling that was based on few things. With Mac it was more or less not so much him suspecting Nerwen but Nerwen's attack on him that made me think they probably are not on the same side (cannot be proved and wolves can do that, to be sure), with Rikae it was the fact that I generally started to think her more innocent than not as the Day grew older, her excellent pick on Nerwen trying to influence the ideas of Zeus' alignments and the general feeling between Rikae and Mac not actually knowing each other's role (=not wolves then, at least the two of them). Therefore - mind you - I only said we could "more or less" trust, at least "a few Days".

Back to other things later on...

Last edited by Nogrod; 07-28-2010 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Corrected the quotes
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote