View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 01:05 PM   #12
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
To quote Planet of the Apes: you did it! You really did it, Boro!

I'm absolutely up for another game, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boromir88 View Post
It is the TA before the events in the Lord of the Rings. A group of mannish settlers have built a town in the southern end of Mirkwood. The woods folk haven't lived here long, before it has become invaded by werewolves intent on wiping out the village.
Most important question first. Is Dol Guldur at this time already known as Dol Guldur, or is it known as Amon Lanc?

...anyway, the setup looks very good to me by default. I especially like the Bounty Hunter... eee... disclaimer: I already perceive I am not, and likely will not, be able to remember the role's actual name. The Nightmare Wolf under those circumstances would be a must-have, as it is, with the Medium (even though and the Bounty... or whatever... Hunter, the game is likely to be skewed a little to the villagers' side. (Even though of course the Medium can be as much a boon as bane, but maybe a tiny bit more likely to be helpful.) The NW should take care of it though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
Assorted thoughts:

-If you want to avoid randomness, the trap could kill whichever wolf sends the night-kill PM. That lets the wolves choose who to sacrifice, rather than putting a potentially game-changing effect in the hands of a non-player (the mod/RNG).
I actually rather like this idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
Also, I suppose anyone who claims to have been visited by the NW isn't actually a known innocent. The wolves could arrange a code - the NW doesn't use their power if one of their packmates says the word "purple", then the wolf who said "purple" claims to have been visited. So it's a little less powerful than I had initially thought.
I see someone's already got into the plotting mode
But yeah, I'm a bit afraid of the "reveal to any NW's targets that they've been targeted" part... but if people start bluffing and double-bluffing with it, then, no harm done I guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blind Guardian View Post
So there's no Medium on day One (since no one is dead [except the mod])
And no Medium on day Two (since only one person is dead - most likely)
And there might not be a Medium on day Three (in the case of a tie).
And there's no guarantee that a Wolf will be killed on the first few days either.
These are actually good points. Even though on Day 2, there would already be two dead (Day 1 lynch and Night kill), but they would have to unanimously decide on what they do. But I guess that at least would give them something to discuss. But it may happen more often than not that the Medium simply won't get chosen. (Which, I mean, is just as well. No big deal.)

But is there a specific reason, Boro, why you wouldn't allow even stuff like 1-0 to be a successful Medium vote?

EDIT: X-ed with Gal (why do I feel the need to mark this even now?!?)
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote