View Single Post
Old 10-06-2007, 09:24 PM   #519
Feanor of the Peredhil
La Belle Dame sans Merci

Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.Feanor of the Peredhil is a guest of Elrond in Rivendell.
Send a message via MSN to Feanor of the Peredhil
Ack.

My brain is melting. I should most probably wait for morning to think about this for so many reasons...

I knew that pulling your Angela into my Indil would offer plot complications for Raefindan/Imrazor, though I probably should have taken more into account your original plan for your original story. I also should admit that it's been a rather long while since I've perused your xanga account and read the work you've posted, so a lot of my ideas are pure whim with forgetfulness and lagging to account for.

I'm not sure... did I ever specify Indil's age? I know it was never solid in my mind, so I'm quite fine with negotiating it for continuity, however that might work.

Another thing, I never really meant Indil to be a main character. It just happened, the same way it tends to happen when I start writing with others. I probably should have foreseen. Since she now is, what happens to her becomes rather critical.

As a descendant of Mithrellas, she has every right to her dreams of the woman, and of Imrazor. As a human who has experienced trauma, I can explain away her nightmares and hallucinations, and the wall in her mind.

Her tie to Angela is what concerns me right now. Everything else I can shrug off and deal with, but Angela was originally yours, Elempi, and I don't want to do anything that messes with what you've got going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet View Post
She will recognize him right off, and he will finally "get it", but Angela/Indil is right there too.

Roy will of course ask, "why?" And he will be tugged in two different directions, to what end I can't foresee yet.
Would it simplify matters for we writers and add to our story (I tend to strive for both at once, if you follow) for Indil/internally-located-others to die before this Imrazor/Mithrellas reunion takes place? If so, how. If not, what do we do with the little girl.

I'll think about it more tomorrow...

Until then, sleep is so important to me...