View Single Post
Old 02-11-2005, 02:00 PM   #94
Boromir88
Laconic Loreman

Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.Boromir88 is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via AIM to Boromir88 Send a message via MSN to Boromir88
1420!

It was nearing noon and Rory was getting increasingly hungry. He figured they were getting farther, and farther, away from Reggie and Falco. The morning didn't start good at all. He was already hungry from the previous night, and hoped when he found Sondo, he would have food ready. But, Rory stumbled right into a mutiny, and found himself thrown into it.

He wasn't real impressed with Sondo's reply to him. It seemed like Sondo was just saying that to appease Rory, and get him out of the way. What doe he mean he has listened to us? When we begged him to pull over and get some food, he told us we needed to go on, since we got a late start. When I told him it was no use in trying to steer the boat in the rapids, he didn't listen. Then when he finally decides to pull towards shore, it was too late. All Rory wanted to hear from Sondo was that maybe he made some mistakes, and he would listen to the others advice. All it seemed like to Rory, was Sondo just quickly agreed in hopes that Rory didn't join Falco.

Despite not liking Sondo's reply, Rory still decided to go with him. His desire to go home was greater then his desire for adventure. Although, he still wouldn't mind having the adventure they always planned. Rory's main concern was surviving, and considering all their food was destroyed, along with the raft, meant the hobbits depended on finding and catching food. That's the other thing Rory noticed. Bingo and Sassy had proven themselves to be able to catch food, and they were no doubt going with Sondo. Reggie and Falco, although Rory never had a problem with them, hadn't shown that they would be able to catch food. Now, Rory finds himself travelling with Sondo, and still little food, if any.

"Let's stop here, and see what we have to eat." Sondo said. Rory brightened, the thought of food made his mouth water. I don't care what it is, I'll eat anything now. Rory munched down his lunch and soon found everyone ready to start again. The meal wasn't as big as Rory would have liked it to be, but it satisfied him for now, and gave him strength again. With nourishment in his stomach, and the thought of home near, Rory began to sing out in joy: "What was that song old Baggins would always sing? Oh I know...

The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, If I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

The other hobbits joined in, and new hope had come to them. "Oh, how much I would like to sing the bath song right about now." Rory chuckled and everyone let out a laugh. Sondo called for everyone to stop. Rory's stomach was grumbling, but he was still cheerful from the song, and thought I will be home soon.

Last edited by Boromir88; 02-12-2005 at 10:23 AM.