View Single Post
Old 02-07-2005, 11:45 AM   #86
Crystal Heart
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Crystal Heart has just left Hobbiton.
Samuel just stood and watched. No one had really noticed that he was there and now there was a huge fight over who should lead. Yes, it was true that they had had two accidents since the beginning of this journey, but that didn't necessarily mean that Sondo was a bad leader. The first accident wasn't even Sondo's fault. It had been entirely Samuel's and everyone knew it. Besides, a rock in the river is no one's fault. It wasn't as if Sondo had placed it there on purpose.

He just stood and watched, unable to bring up any words. He was so unsure of how to even come into the topic. He was the blunt one most of the time, but since his realization that he was far more then just plainly blunt he just didn't want to step on anyones toes. He wanted to be a part of the team, but the team was now falling apart.

"Perhaps we should have a vote on who should be our new leader. But before we do allow me to speak. If you are going to blame the two accidents on Sondo then let's just stop and think a second. The first was purely my fault. We all know it and we don't have to go there. The apologizes have been said and everything else. Second, what did you except? It's a river. Did all of you think that Sondo would have known the entire lay of the river? Think about this people. Just because we lost our raft on a rock doesn't mean anything. And it defiantely does not mean that Sondo is a bad leader. What is wrong with you all? The sign of any danger and you want to point fingers?! We are suppose to be a group, a team in this journey. Yet you all want to just ditch this endeavor! What did you except this would be all about? Of course it is dangerous! Of course we are taking a risk! But that is what this journey is all about! Adventure! Danger! Excitement! If you can't take this then no leader will be good enough for you. Just think about that as you alienate Sondo. IF IT WASN'T FOR HIM NONE OF US WOULD HAVE STARTED OUT ON THE BIGGEST ADVENTURE OF OUR LIVES!"

Finished with what he had to say, he sat down next to a tree and crossed his arms.

"I have said my peace. It is your decision what you want to decide. It doesn't matter, but my decision is that Sondo is the best and I will follow him wherever he leads."