View Single Post
Old 08-31-2020, 02:30 PM   #49
Urwen
Spirit of Nen Lalaith

Urwen has just left Hobbiton.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I would appreciate if you could reread the thread and retract this. My four posts on this thread have been replies to: mindil (starting the Nellas discussion), you ('Meleth loves Morleg'), you ('Nellas still loves Turin'), and WCH ('Nellas is probably dead'). I haven't actually replied to anything mindil said about Nellas, and the only posts of yours on the subject that I haven't replied to were your clarification of whose big brother you meant, and a quote showing that Nellas may have loved Turin (which I already agreed with in the third reply above).

I don’t really mind people mixing me up with other Downers, but when I get cast as the Case In Point Villain as a result, it's kind of upsetting.

To address the original question: mindil says she's obsessed with the missing women of Tolkien? I'm generally 'obsessed' with the women who are there but relatively undeveloped. Tolkien did a lot of sketching-in his woman characters, so we get fascinating glimpses of Haleth and her Amazons, Emeldir 'the Man-Hearted', and indeed Nellas the slightly-crazy Sinda. I love playing around to see what other information I can tease out about them.

(Incidentally, Urwen, I can't remember whether I ever mentioned my fanfic where Lady Haleth briefly gets lost in Nan Elmoth, but I have one.)

hS

That's exactly it. You didn't respond to me pointing out that Nellas loved Turin.

I am suffering from Maeglinomaniacal Maeglinophilia.
Urwen is offline   Reply With Quote