View Single Post
Old 09-12-2022, 11:39 PM   #9
Pitchwife
Wight of the Old Forest

Location: Unattended on the railway station, in the litter at the dancehall
Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Pitchwife is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
I had a nasty thought on the loo this morning. When the Orcs take Arondir to see 'Adar' instead of just killing him, what are they up to? At this point I'm assuming that Adar will turn out to be our first glimpse of Sauron (although I don't want him to turn up yet, but it would make no sense to name a whole episode after this character if he isn't someone really really important).

Now I remember reading somewhere (although I can't quite pinpoint the source) that it was Sauron who supervised Morgoth's original Orc breeding project. If he was responsible for bringing them into existene it makes a twisted kind of sense for them to call him Father (though not in Sindarin). So what could Adar want with this strong, rebellious elf?

He's to be made into an Orc.